Sign in to follow this  
Guest mugello97

How to add Flight Simulator Garmin GPS in The 747X

Guest mugello97

hi.i want to add the GPS provided with FS into the existing panel in the pmdg 747x.any suggestion how to do it?thanksdoron

Doron,I would strongly suggest you take some time to learn the abilities already included in this aircraft. The FMS combined with the DUs are far superior to FS default GPS unit IMO. Cheers,

Guest ssf

It takes a little time to learn how to use the fmc but once you do it gps gets to boring I'll recomend to start with the pmdg737 it is a bit easier to use, or watch the fmc tutorials on youtube images help alot more than manuals. good lock

HI,it's a nonsense adding a GPS to a 744 panel..it's better to use your time for studying the manual and learning the FMC Navigation capacities, vry easy indeed...Best RegardsCiaoAndrea

Dont do this. Please dont do this. The FMS is 100000% more useful tool than that sorry simulated default (Bah default!) GPS.Please do try to learn it. And if you ever get stumped, just come here. Plenty of good people who are more than willing to help you out, answer any question that you might have.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Dont do this. Please dont do this. The FMS is 100000% more useful tool than that sorry simulated default (Bah default!) GPS.Please do try to learn it. And if you ever get stumped, just come here. Plenty of good people who are more than willing to help you out, answer any question that you might have.
Besides all that, the GPS will not interface with the LNAV or VNAV functions. So it will essentially be useless. If you want to fly with the GPS, the 747 provided in FSX has some very efficent GPS interfacing.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Besides all that, the GPS will not interface with the LNAV or VNAV functions. So it will essentially be useless. If you want to fly with the GPS, the 747 provided in FSX has some very efficent GPS interfacing.
Precisely what I was thinking too.If you want to fly a 747-400 but using the FSX GPS module instead of the provided systems (which basicly means removing everything what this plane has to offer you), well then just fly the default 747-400 which is 100% compatible with the Garmin GPS.Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to mock at you. As some already said above the best advice possible here is : please do take the time to try and learn how to use the FMC / ND functions (youtube tutorials are all over the place) and believe me, once you get the hang out of it there's no way you want to use that Garmin GPS ever again.