Sign in to follow this  
january

2D Frame Rates Hit in Forward Cockpit View-737 and 747

Mark- If a View edge gets dragged even a wafer beyond the edge of the monitor, Frame Rate can drop catastrophically.On the top title bar are 3 icons- Exit FS, Minimize & the middle one,if it shows a heavy bar on top, allows the view edges to be dragged off the mon. Click on this icon to elim. the bar and the view should remain within the mon edges. Or if you wish, with the icon bar showing, drag an edge back a little, so all view edges are within the mon.This phenom will drop my FPS from 40-50 down to 7-8.I suspect this may be your problem.Alex Reid

I don't have FSX, but PMDG 737,747 & FS9 run quite reasonably on my "smithsonian" 5 year old 'puter & with triple monitors/views! So well, in fact, that I have no plans whatsoever to upgrade.Ale

I am having a strong frame rate hit on all PMDG series except B1900C/D. I'm flying 2D and on all of the 737 and 747 series, the rates drop from my locked 27 fps to 4-5. They often jump rapidly back and forth between 4-5 and 27 but causes severe stuttering.This does not occur on any stock aircraft nor other add-ons (Level-D 767, Eaglesoft Cirrus).When I pan left or right the rates jump up to the locked 27, and stays locked at 27 in any other view as well. It's only occurring when the gauges are visible.It did not used to do this so it must be some setting that I'v alteresd but it is only PMDG software that is impacted. I've tried changing a lot of different settings but no luck. I even compared the FS9 config file from an older system and find nothing different there either.ON FSX, there are no similar issues when running 747XMy basic system information (but doesn't seem to be a system issue, so I'll only provide basics unless requested for further) is: HP quadcore 6600 NVIDIA 8800GT 512 mg dedicated Windows Vista 32.Thanks in advance.Mark Kessinger

Markek I have exactly the same problem as you have stated. Almost unbearable flicker/stutter when taxiing.FPS down to 5/6 from locked 30. Level D as smooth as silk.I am also working on 3 monitors via TH2Go.Alex - I will keep an eye on this overlap problem but was aware of it. I wonder if the 2nd and 3rd monitors showing the PFD/ND and Eicas are someway responsible they are "sized" and dragged to display through my MIP. Operating always in "windowed mode"Bill

Bill- I don't have TH2Go- I'm driving the 3 monitors via 2 video cards (GeForceFX5200-AGP&PCI) to get 3 separate synchronized views: LFwd,Fwd,RFwd.Way back when, I had a stutter much like you described and found the cure was to retard the Hardware Accel settings. Go to Control Panel/Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot. Then drag the Hdwe/Accel slider two (not 1, not 3!) notches to the left. Worked miracles for me, totally eliminating the stutter when the plane turned rapidly on the ground.Later after I had occasion to update monitor drivers, I discovered this fix was no longer needed. So there's two possibilities for you.Alex Reid

Should have added- don't forget to click on APPLY after changing the slider setting.Alex

I moved it 2 down but only succeeded in getting "square water" and frame rates dipping from 29 to 4! so moved it back again. I think this is a PMDG problem as other aircraft are fine.I have an Nvidia 5150 4Ghz with 2.5G Ram and nvidia 9600GT graphics card.The problem is like a "pulsing" effect on the outside view - very annoying- funny when the main instrument panel is displayed on the main view this pulsing is either absent or not noticeable - strange.Bill

Alex - Thanks for trying - I always enjoy reading your knowlegeable posts.Mark - Sorry if I hijacked your thread. Its just that my probs are very similar to yours and, being retired, I have plenty of time to spend on the forums.Happy flying guys.Bill

Thanks for all of the comments so far-still not resolved. While PMDG may be frame rate intensive, I have pretty strong system which handled it fine for a while so feel like it has to be some adjustment that I've made and cannot find through trial and error. Also, am running a single monitor with NVDIA GT 8800 512mb dedicated video memory.Alex-I tried your specific ideas but only slightly improved rates (10-12 instead of 5-6 FPS). Am running in full screen instead of windowed which gets better rates for me on my setup. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Going from 26 FPS locked to 5-10 causes such stuttering to render the PMDG planes useless for me.Mark Kessinger

Mark - as a matter of interest what other add ons have you installed just in case we are similar and could narrow the search a little. I am running Ultimate Terrain, Flight Environment and UK Mesh. Get the described stutters with just this. Also run Radar Contact 4 and FDC Live Cockpit but not very often with the last two.I am building a home cockpit and have lots of modules attached which I am aware is putting a great load on just one computer.Also some WOAI packages installedBill

Bill:The only add-on not mentioned previously is Ultimate Traffic 2007. These shouldn't be the issue since I have not added anything since starting the problem-used to have good rates with the current add-ons.Mark Kessinger

Guest pedrosura1
Bill: The only add-on not mentioned previously is Ultimate Traffic 2007. These shouldn't be the issue since I have not added anything since starting the problem-used to have good rates with the current add-ons. Mark Kessinger
Wow, I just developed the same problem. Only on PMDG 737 and 747, 747 f. I did an fs9 reinstall and I still have it. I'm dumbfounded.

Guest M-Sauce
Wow, I just developed the same problem. Only on PMDG 737 and 747, 747 f. I did an fs9 reinstall and I still have it. I'm dumbfounded.
Same here. I'm getting 40 to 60 FPS (unlocked) at a small airport in the PMDG from the outside, but it plummets to 10 FPS in the inside view.I'm running Nvidia 8800 GTS, on 4 gigs of RAMMariano