Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Which traffic addon do you use with the 747-400 in FSX?

As the title says really. Just wondered if anyone uses a traffic addon, or is it just too much of a drain on performance to run with the 747-400?I've been looking at MyTrafficX from Aerosoft. Are there any better ones out there? Not bothered about real world flights etc, just want to spice things up a bit visually without crippling my setup! ;)

Ed Haslam

I use MY Traffic, its been great. I did quite a bit of research and found that it was pretty frame rate friendly. The models are nice also, I have the traffic sliders set to around 60. No issues at all though its been grate. You might also want to look on the main avsim forum, there's quite a bit of info there.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the other forums in AVSIM (didn;t think of looking there!).What are the models like close up? Are they OK?

Ed Haslam

Guest diajohn2

I use Ultimate Traffic from flight One. I have been happy with it for several years in FS9 and FSX.

Hmmm, I didn't know Flight One did a traffic addon. I'm quite a fan of their software. How does it perform? Do you get much of a performance hit with modest settings? Also, what are the models like? Any chance of a screen shot?

Ed Haslam

>As the title says really. Just wondered if anyone uses a>traffic addon, or is it just too much of a drain on>performance to run with the 747-400?>>I've been looking at MyTrafficX from Aerosoft. Are there any>better ones out there? Not bothered about real world flights>etc, just want to spice things up a bit visually without>crippling my setup! ;)You might want to check out http://www.world-of-ai.com It's free, and quite updated.- John

Yup, World of AI (WoAI) airliners and cargo are for me the best. I also use the MRAI Installer with AIG flightplans and have 20 or 30 major airlines around the world with my own specific choices of livery paints. I've tried the other comercial packages over the years and having started with PAI in the early days, I prefer collecting and adding packages by hand. The quality seems to increase and the number of problematic flightplans seems to decrease.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest diajohn2

You may just take a look at the info on the the Flight One site. It will give you much more detail than a screen shot from me.:(

Guest diajohn2

Frame rate hits are no better or worse than default FSX AI traffic. They do look much better. IMHO.

Many thanks for your comments. I'll definitely check out World of AI first as it is free, and then Ultimate Traffic after that.

Ed Haslam

Guest Mower

My big question: which one has the best FPS?

In my opinion, WoAI and home-made (MRAI) packages because they both use low-poly, good lookin' aircraft from AIA, AIG, TFS, AIM and so on...Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Yes, the installer for the packages is Vista/XP x64 compatible.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Mower

I am currently running UTX. Will WoAI conflict with it or simply overwrite the bgl file or whatever it is?