Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest robbo3066

747X on take-off, goes wild

Guest robbo3066

I am sure I have read about this problem but cannot find the 'post'.On take-off, the airspeed indicator is not working. And shortly after leaving the ground the aircraft becomes completely uncontrollable.Have just updated FSUIPC to the latest version.Have Vista 32bit & FSX.Although I haven't used the PMDG model for a couple of weeks, it has been performing very well up until then.Any suggestions please!Thanks Rob

Do you have the latest Queen Ver 2.10.0040? I believe this was brought out a couple of weeks after 2.10 to address a speed tape problem in Vists. I don't have that OS so I'm just relying on (sometimes faulty) memory.Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest robbo3066

The 747 was up to date.What I forgot was that I had changed my virus checker/Firewall. By disabling that, it worked ok. I need to set about configuring the vrisu checker/firewall to allow the PMDG/FSX to run unhindered.Thanks for your suggestion.Rob

That's interesting. Please share more (brand, settings) with others that might be searching the forum in the future for this solution. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest robbo3066

DanThanks for your reply.I had tried using Comodo Firewall. Apart from updating FSUIPC, that was only change in software since the PMDG 747 was last working ok. The PMDG software was up to date.I disabled the firewall and then tried using FSX & the 747 and it worked fine.Thanks Rob

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $715.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now