Sign in to follow this  
Guest BWBriscoe

Crash detection on or off?

Guest BWBriscoe

Hi,As a PMDG 744 FS9 user, I was wondering whether or not other people use FS crash detection?I was flying the Queen into KSFO the other night, and on the flare I had reduced my descent to the correct vertical speed, however when I touched down, the sim just stopped (detected the crash) and reset to the beginning of my 10 hour flight from EGLL!!So I just wondered what do other people do?Cheers,Ben

Guest Ryan Briggs

I always have it turned off, sometimes there's a scenery conflict or something else happens where there wouldnt or shouldnt have been a crash but it registered as one in the simulator, I'm also confident enough in my pilot skills that I really dont need FS to tell me that I crashed because well, I never crash ;). But sometimes the sim will register one for something beyond your controll *bad BGL file or bad connection to Squawkbox and AC jumping around*

Guest Mower

I always have it turned off for 2 reasons: stupid AI driving on the ground and unrealistic pushback risks of hitting something.

I keep mine switched off too for the following reason. I like to fly online with Vatsim. and at the very moment I go online I could inadvertantly be on the same parking spot as someone else, and do not want to register a crash and start my planning all over again, and hopefully if I park on someone else when i go online they have theirs switched off too so I do not spoil what they are doing.regardsJohn Calleja (baw352)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Mine's off here, too. Reason is because it is unrealistic, unless you hit something.Best regards,Robin.

For the same reasons mentioned above, always off, once you know what you're doing you don't need it.

Mine is off too, I find it just not playable with it on because as said above, crash where there shouldnt be a crash.Gerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Ben,Definitely OFF. Cheers,

OFF. :-)Be your own 'crash detection'. If you really foul it up you tend to know whether it would be survivable or not!I've only made one landing in the past 3 or so years that would have been a hull loss anyway, it was just after I got my new PC and realised it would handle any amount of FS9 weather weather I chucked at it. I set up the evening from #### going into EGLL and got some really bad windshear at about 200 feet. I had no chance, I went screaming into the deck at about 1,700 fpm, engines firewalled and knuckles white!!!Maybe I should have diverted...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Off. Espically like Chris said when flying with AI traffic...... YIKES!!!!!

OFF! nothing like a 1 hour preflight only to get pushed back into a invisible wall! grrr :)Rob

Rob Prest

OFF!! Some n00b taxiing into me when on VATSIM? No thanks...

Off here as well, unless I want to fly a float plane, then I need it on because it seems to screw up loading onto the water. I've never had a crash reset from landing though, so unless it's scenery then you might be landing too hard. Either way, off is best for all the miscellaneous problems having it on causes.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired