Sign in to follow this  
Guest mercair

747X Add On Liveries

Guest mercair

I have downloaded Qantas & Virgin Atlantic 747-400 for the above. Neither aircraft shows when I start FSX. Both were installed using Auto Install supplied with the download.The following message appears"There are multiple objects with the the same titlename. They must have unique title names.PMDG747-400 QANTASSimObjectsAirplanesPMDG747-400"I am unable to find the folder being referred to.Can anyone provide a solution to this problem.RegardsGraham (Mercair)

FSX has a checkbox to allow all variants to show on the Select Aircraft screen. Make sure this is checked.The error means that the aircraft.cfg file has two entries for the Quantas sim model. That folder is where the cfg file is found, is is located in the FSX root directory (..FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes etc). This problem can happen when a livery is removed manually instead of using the installer.You can try using the installer to remove all liveries, then see if the error message disappears. If not, then the cfg file needs to be manually fixed. You can attach it to a forum post and someone will help. If it fixes the error messages, then try installing just the Quantas and see if that works okay. If not, then we still need to modify the cfg file but at this stage I think it might work.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mercair

Thank you for your quick response.I have attached the "cfg" file as I am unable to edit it. Every time I try to add Aircraft or edit the .cfg file the message appears.Can someone pls have a look at the file and make any amendments.Thanks for your help.Graham