Sign in to follow this  
tunnelcat

747 V1.2 Odd little flaps indicator bug

Just an observation I've noticed since the installation of the 747 Queen V1.2 (not the F model) patch. When retracting the flaps between 5 and 1, the indicator will turn magenta as normal during flaps transition, but right before it gets to the stop position at flaps 1, it will turn green for a second and then back to magenta for a few more seconds and then finally turn green indicating that position 1 has been reached. This doesn't show up in any other flap positions, going in or out. Anybody else notice this one?Also, when the patch was installed, it also installed a Visual C++ package from Microsoft. The install threw a bunch of install .dll's and eula.txt files in the top directory of my FS9 drive, which is not the OS drive. Are these just temp files from the install that can be deleted? I moved them to another drive for storage and nothing seems to have broken.Kim

Hi, I can confirm this behavior with the flap indicator, travelling from 5 to 1. Jan-Paul

Hi, I have tested it again with the V1.0 on my 2nd PC. There is the same bahavior. Maybe it's not a bug but rather a feature? Could have something to do with the slats as they are still out at pos 1.Jan-Paul

Hmmmmmm. I'm positive that I never noticed this behavior in pre-patched 747. I was usually monitoring it when flying since it would take so long to go from 5 to 1 and I don't remember it occurring before. A comment from the PMDG team maybe? It's not something important really, just curiosity. How about those Visual C++ install files? Do they normally end up in the 'temp' directory on the OS drive?Kim

I think the Slats are extended once Flaps are retracted to 1. The Flaps are also fully retracted at 1. That would explain the odd movement. Flaps in at 1 Slats out. Next time youre at the gate extend the Flaps to 1. The Flaps don't move but the Slats do. When Flaps are extended to 5 then the Flaps move and the Slats retract. Its rather cool to watch. When Flaps are extended to 10 all leading Edge Flaps extend. This is why it takes so long for Flaps to extend from 0 to 10 and retract from 10 to 0.As far as the c++ files go I think those DLL's are required for some systems to run on the 747.

Kim,The files you will find in the root folder is remnants from the installation as far as I'm aware. I have deleted them with no impact.Hope it helps,

Thanks for the answer. I figured that was the case with these files, but I wanted to be sure, especially since I moved them and nothing broke! Also, I'm very pleased with the 747 after the patch, very polished, nice!Next time I'll watch the flap and slat motion to see this behavior when I'm on the ground. Funny, the little things that you don't notice, even after having used this aircraft for a long time.Kim