Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Strange Issue with VC after changing views. FSX SP2

Guest 413X3

I just got into FSX, installed SP1 then SP2. And now I am flying the Queen, and Freighter addon. I have a weird issue. When in the VC, if I hit S to change views, and go back to the VC, none of the panels update. I change the range, or from map to plan, altitude, etc. but nothing "takes"I have to press A to cycle around and go back to the VC that way, then it works fine. But this only happens after switching to the outside views then back.Has anyone else seen this?Alex

Try taking a quick sideways look out of the cockpit window then back, you should find it sorts itself out.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I use a quick A then Shift+A to refresh the VC. This loss of update will also happen if you open an external view window, or the FS Map etc. It's a quirck that I've learned to live with.

Dan Downs KCRP

For others benefit, this little problem is an FSX issue and not the 747 specifically. It also happens with another supplier's 767. I too have now just got used to it and a quick flick of the HAT switch to one side solves it, slightly irritating but it's now a habit.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hi,I got nervoos when I saw this happen for the first time yesterday. Thanks to you I found this topic and I have to admit, that I am really relieved.Will there be an update to solve this Vista 64-bit related problem?

It's not a Vista problem, but is due to how FSX does things. I suspect that this annoying feature would require an extensive recoding to get around FSX; therefore, I don't expect a fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

ACES said long ago that FSX is done, and no more fixes. Frankly, if I treated my customers that way, I wouldn't have any. There is still plenty to fix, IMHO.Best regards,Robin.