Sign in to follow this  
Guest idoleo

Altimeter problem in PMDG B744 for FSX

Guest idoleo

Hi! I have PMDG B747-400X for FSX. I update the aircraft to version 2.1. The only problem is the altimeter, the first 30 seconds when the flight is loaded the altimeter is ok (29.92 in), but after it the altimeter shows 22.15 in and can't change this value! The pictures shows the situation.I have WIndows Ultimate, Proccesor Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, and Memory DDR2 3 GB.Thank you for your help!(Excuse me for the written problems, but my english is not good)

Did this happen during or before the TCAS test? Did it stay the same after the TCAS test?Have you tried pressing the "B" key to reset it or did you try it manually?Were the other two Altimeters reading the normal 29.92?Also try putting a departure/arrival airport in the FMC or manually put in the TDZE.

Guest idoleo

Thanks for your reply!The problem happend before TCAS test (and after the TCAS test there is not change).I was trying the "B" key for reset the altimeter and it was not change; manually is the same problem.The 29.92 reading is in 2 EICAS (pilot and copilot possition), but backup altimeter don`t have problems (i can change the altimeter and there is not any problem!).In FMC i put the following flightplan: MROC-MGGT (in Central Anmerica), but the altimeter and altitude reference don't change. I will try to put manually data in the TDZE.I have FSX SP2, do you believe that SP2 will be a problem with the aircraft? And the altimeter problem is only shows with the last update, but with version 2.0.0031 the problem was that after 3 mins the EICAS screens was shutting down.Than for your help!!!

This forum asks that you sign with your name.This problem has come up several times in the past months (use advanced search with keyword=altimeter). Too bad that the guys who had the problem didn't post the fix. For certain, there is no problem with SP2 and this product.By any chance, are you loading a saved flight or panel state?Does this problem arise if you load a default Free Flight with engines running?Do you have the correct TCAS dll loaded? (1.1.6.0)Do you have a battery problem (causing EICAS screens to shut down)?In any event, please let us know what you find to help others.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest idoleo

In the forum there is a topic that icnludes teh altimeter problem, but not have solution.I tried loading a saved flight and loading a panel state, but is not change. I loaded the flight with engines running but not chenge too.The dll TCAS's version is 1.1.6.0, and the battery problem was only with PMDG FSX 744X 2.0, now with the update 2.1 i don`t have problem qwith EICAS shutting down.At this moment i don`t have solution for the problem, but when i will be find i will tell you!ThanksIsraelMROC

Guest idoleo

I don`t have solution for the altimeter problem, for this reason i uninstalled the update 2.1 and now i have the version 2.00.0031 and aparently the problem is gone!Israel D' OleoMROC

Guest idoleo

I have the final solution to my problem, i get now the update 2.1.00.000 and i don`t have any problems! but before i was installed 2.1.00.040 and this version give me the altimeter setting problem.I expect that this solution help you like that as to me.Israel D' OleoMROC

Thanks very much for posting the solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the final solution to my problem, i get now the update 2.1.00.000 and i don`t have any problems! but before i was installed 2.1.00.040 and this version give me the altimeter setting problem.I expect that this solution help you like that as to me.Israel D' OleoMROC
Hi Israel, could you please let us know where we can find update 2.1.00.000. It seems PMDG support only posts the newest version. Best regards and many thanks, Antonio