Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Loading 747 in FSX

When I fly the 747, I initially start FSX to the Free Flight page with the default flight set. I then select the 747, the airfield and the weather and time etc. I then select Fly and expect that the 747 will load as other FSX aircraft with all systems running. However over several flights I have found that the 747 seems to load to different states at random. For example, it has loaded fully C&D; with all gauges off but eng masters on and engines sounds running; with all gauges running but with engines off and sometimes to the correct set up.Before I go for a re-install grateful for any advice on the correct loading procedure in FSX.John Rooum

Correct assumption. It's possible to get weird effects when reloading the same engine variant from Free Flight without restarting FSX, caused by FSX; but, the different states you describe are unusual. You didn't mention if this happens in new FSX sessions or "reloads." I suspect a bad panel state.Just an idea: If this is happening only during "reloads" then delete the panel states and let it create new ones.Also, blank panels usually indicate an authenication problem. That would be fixed with a remove/install if that's the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Its not an authentication problem as I am 1.5 hrs into a flight at present. Also, it does happen with a new FSX session, that is what threw me in the first place. However, I'll look a bit more at the various panel state files around FSX to see if there is a clue.Many thanks for the help.John