Sign in to follow this  
Airbrakes

texture flickering

Guest ashwath

hey guys, i just got this pmdg 747 400x 2.1. downloaded the latest version directly from pmdg website. to say i'm very happy with it except for one problem. the textures on the airplane start flickering when i'm in the tower view. in all other views the texture is crisp and perfect. this only happens when the plane is pretty far in the tower view mode. looks like the textures are corrupted.has anyone else had this problem?thx.

Please sign with your name in this forum.This is most likely a video card setting, maybe you could play with AA or Mipmap settings to see an improvement. If the textures were corrupt they wouldn't work at any distance.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ashwath

ok...this is the real problem. this texture flickering happens only in tower view and ONLY when the inboard landing lights are turned on. it doesn't flicker with the outboard landing lights on. when the inboard landing lights are on and the plane is at a distance in tower view it flickers horribly :( which makes watching the replay of my take off pathetic. p.s: flickering not only happens in replay mode but also in real time mode.Ashwath.

>Try changing the vertical sync for your graphic card.I have the same issue.... How do I change the Vertical Sync?

In the control panel for your graphics card should be options to enable/disable and let application control the vert sync. Try setting it to one of the other settings in the control panel.

Found it..... It was either Force On or Off.... That didint change much either so I changed the screen resolution to 1024x768x32 and that seems to help......To bad that resolution sucks on a 22" widescreen LCD....... Sometimes I miss having a CRT monitor.

I'm running two Nvidia 9600's. :-)I guess thats what I get when I buy Monitors that are on sale...... ( maybe they are on sale for a reason ).