Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex_m

18SEP08 - PMDG MD-11 Progress Update

>Never mind: I answered my own question...FSX is far better>visually so maybe worth the FPS hit.I've grown to like FSX. I spent some time with it after release and last year, but never could get into it. Now that I've spent more time with it, and spent time tweaking the graphics to where I want them, I'm finding it a much better platform, even if things do get a little choppy here and there.Can't wait for both releases. :)

I recall reading one of the BETA update posts a few weeks back and it was mentioned that the testers are getting better FPS with the MD-11 then they were with the 747X. I dont know if that was ALL the testers, but its surely a pretty good sign.Allan BurekCoordinator, Aircraft Maintenance OperationsGlobe Cargo Virtual Airlines

>Hopefully the MD-11 for FS9 will be out in time for>Christmas, that would be cool 300+ items sounds like a lot of>items, so I'm sure the FS9 version has a ways to go until>release.Waaaay before Christmas. :)300 sounds like a lot but it's mostly minor things at this point. The plane is totally functional and the major systems are all working perfectly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Captains-Last night we distributed yet another beta version of the PMDG MD-11 to our beta team.This version is the first where our primary focus was to start whittling down the (very) long list of of items that have been identified by the beta testers as requiring attention from the developers.I took a quick look in our tracking software, and I see some 300+ odd items still remaining in the system that we must look at, research, evaluate- but this is down significantly from where we were just a few short weeks ago!We are currently planning another update for them over the weekend, and I think we are within a few update cycles of talking about *gasp* a release version for FSX!The FS9 version is on hold pending completion of the FSX version- and as I've said many times, we endeavor to have the FS9 version on the market in the shortest period of time possible after FSX release.I'll have a bit more information for you over the weekend, most likely!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-I just deleted a half-dozen posts from this thread because they were not signed.PLEASE read the forum posting guidelines and adhere to them. I don't like having to make liberal use of the delete key- but have set certain standards here for a reason.Thanks, guys!

Guest firefoxxx

>>Hopefully the MD-11 for FS9 will be out in time for>>Christmas, that would be cool 300+ items sounds like a lot>of>>items, so I'm sure the FS9 version has a ways to go until>>release.>>Waaaay before Christmas. :)>>300 sounds like a lot but it's mostly minor things at this>point. The plane is totally functional and the major systems>are all working perfectly.Do you mean that we have FS2004 version for Christmas? :)firefoxxx

>Waaaay before Christmas. :)>>300 sounds like a lot but it's mostly minor things at this>point. The plane is totally functional and the major systems>are all working perfectly.Wow, this is great news. Can get the MD-11 and the manuals then as a nice Christmas present to myself!Tim

Eric-Well- it's the weekend- so no, nothing new. :-)When I get more news regarding our ability (or inability) to post the PDFs for your enjoyment, I'll let you know immediately via a post here at the top of the forum!

Guest firefoxxx

And could you please confirm that information what you said previous page. Someone of your team said that FS9 version will be available way before christmas. Is that true? :)firefoxxx

Guest LCD1080

Will the beta testers be given the green light to post screenshots of their MD-11 in action at some point before the plane is made available for sale?

It appears as though they have had the green light for a day or two. Just look a few posts down for starters.

Guest LCD1080

Wow thanks, I've been so focused on this group of posts that I wasn't paying attention to the posts just a few threads down. I love the 3D shot of the center console showing the FMS displays at night. I can see this plane is going to lay a major claim on my time.

To note to this I also see you guys did kinda keep as to what you said about releasing the manuals before the MD-11 would be released.Although that would be a techincal guess at most I could not reflect on wether you guys had the printed manuals in mind when you said that, even though we all know you would have done it anyways.I am still gonna have to count on the PDF manuals till I am able to put up the capital to do so for the Printed manuals. Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg