Sign in to follow this  
captdini

A Long Beach love affair!

Guest pilot-joey

>Joey (?):>>I can't figure out how to get the images below 150k without>degredation.....ideas?>>BTW- please start signing all posts with your real name- forum>rules.>>Best->Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225Sorry, I forgot that one, will do in the future ;). And I'm going to search for a no quality loss with max 150k in filesize. Have a good day!Best Regards, Joey

Joey:Thanks! I have the FSX screen-shots all saved up, so if you are able to find a suitable converter, I will re-upload!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Carl!Many thanks for sharing your MD-11 experiences with us in such great detail. You certainly seem to be smitten.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Thanks again!! :DFor comparison, what kind of performance do you get with the default Lear jet at St. Maarten?Best regards,Robin.

Robin:I don't really know- never touch the stuff ;)- Will try and remember to check tonight.Richard:Glad you liked it! I am, she's a great aeroplane- but my heart (and MCP hardware and hopefully soon a CDU) will always belong to my fat girl!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Mo:I value your work and your opinion- thank-you Sir! You have provided us here (PMDG Forum) and at BA Virtual a lot to be grateful for.Should you want to tackle another airframe, I hope PMDG makes a paint-kit available for the MD-11........they ususally do.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

>>Finally, for my kiwi brothers and sisters, you might be>interested to know that I put in a request for a fictional Air>NZ 1970's livery. The first cut of it looked REALLY sharp!>Ya don't have to be a kiwi to like the old NZ livery. One of my favorite liveries is the old Air NZ one, that had the stars on the blue background tail. I saw this on an old Lockheed L-188 Electra so I guess it was probably early-mid 60's. Is this the livery you are talking about?RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest rellehenk

Not correct. It is standard procedure to set 250 or VCL whichever is higher. So in most cases this will be a speed higher than 250 knots. (at my company :))

Floris is correct- I am still learning the aeroplane, and for flying a circuit at TNCM it seemed an appropriate choice, no Econ Clb- just up to Missed Alt and around for piccies.Thanks!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest rellehenk

Quote:Incidentally that APU Start Switch is mainly used for shutting down- just select APU GEN and Otto knows that its impossible to provide GEN Power without the APU so he starts it for you!Indeed, the APU Start Button is rarely used. Only when the APU Generator is u/s for example and you only want to use APU Air.We shut the APU down with the Air Switch (if we used air for the engine start for example). If there is no APU demand (because engines are running and APU air is selected off), the APU will shut down automatically. :)

Ok....lets talk about that 62K kick in the pants. I think FSX models "apparent" acceleration much more vividly than FS9- I remember being taken "aback" a bit with the 400X. This beast is a whole different animal. Derates are going to be more important than ever! At full T/O thrust, a lightly loaded MD-11 is going to make your head spin! She claws for the sky at an ungodly angle, eats VS for lunch and will result in your being way, way behind the aeroplane.A lot of focus is given to derates because of their maintenance and engine life benefits. I have always argued that the greater advantage is in the manageable T/O performance. My 55 second T/O roll down 27R on the BPK departure at 386T in the fat girl is a perfectly controlled ascent into the heavens. From the moment I start the clock and advance the thrust levers, to looking for correct EPR, calling "Thrust Set", to glancing for and ensuring HOLD is annunciated on the FMAs, to the "80 kts" call, to "V1", to "Rotate" and then "Per Ardua ad Astra" to touch the face of God- I am conducting a consummate orchestra that explodes "Con Fouco" into the Hallelujha Chorus at the 200' turn!Now, do the same thing without derates at 280T and you will get a taste of what is possible in the Long Beach Swan. Things happen in an awful hurry, the aeroplane is through 400' before you can blink, the 1000' call is not far behind. ATC will wonder what you have strapped to your backside as you blow through 6000' while fumbling for the Auto-Flight button. There are landing shots where, with her gear splayed below, dangling for the asphalt, her down turned tips looking suspiciously like feathers, and her side windows providing a steely stare that she looks particularly peregrine, as though she were lazing over the water, scouring the surface for the tell tale ripple of a Bream, only to pounce and fly off with it wriggling furiously in her talons. At 62K and light- you will understand what I mean!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest pilot-joey

Haha nicely written, your style of stories kinda intrests me! Looking forward to (even) more screenshots!Best regards, Joey

>> She claws for the sky at an ungodly angle, eats VS for lunchJust how I like it! :D>> and will result in your being way, way behind the aeroplane.Nah.... ;) Try flying the Delta Lady empty. ;) Anything else is just slow. :DI've tweaked FSX, and now get a cool 45 FPS out of the LSH MD2006 at Heathrow 2008. Considering the MD-82 wasn't written from the ground up for FSX, I can only hope the MD-11 is better than this!! :D :DBest regards,Robin.

Hey Carl,Thanks for the wonderful "intro" to this much awaited bird...I see you are having a lot of fun :-)One question: How is the engine start realism in terms of spooling up time,N1 and N2 acceleration, especially EGT rise.....I hope its not like a hot start all the time ;-)Keep posting......Cheers,DinshawP.S. Are you a bawaji by any chance??

Sorry Dinshaw- was unavailable yesterday. The engine start sequence is quite realistic. One of our beta team RW pilots was smitten, and I am as well. I will go through a start sequence and provide timings, but just wait until you pull the #3 start switch- the starter motor literally sounds like its located to your right rear, the sounds and vibrations (I use a Bose sub- perfect) are incredible and when you move the Fuel Control Switch to Run- Nirvana- Armen has outdone himself!I should be able to time the sequence and post this evening, so check back!In response to your last question- yes!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR PRO | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper