Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Vista 64 in windowed mode problem

I recently installed Vista 64 on my system to rid myself of the dreaded oom error in XP 32. I am a little disappointed in the performance compared to XP. When I run in windowed mode to allow the second monitor to display FSCommander I receive a huge fps hit and the quality of the pictures is very grainy looking compared to the same configuration in XP. In full sreen mode the fps and picture clarity improve dramatically but I am unable to use the second monitor. Is this a Vista 64 problem or is there a workaround to the problem.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Andrew,What video card are you using? The Nvidia drivers, particularly for some of the older cards, leave much to be desired in Vista imo. I recently got an ATI 4800 series card and I'm much happier with their Vista driver.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I am using a GTX 8800 with the latest 177.92 drivers. Would updating the chipset drivers help?Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I have discovered that if choose the hide the taskbar option, the picture clarity and fps improve dramatically.Go figure?Andrew

Andrew Dixon

This works!Andrew

Andrew Dixon