Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

MD-11 FMS: Which features are NOT modelled?

Hi,Which functions, if any, are NOT modeled in the MD-11? I appreciate you might not have done maintenance pages.Best regards,Robin.

Guest rellehenk

Do we get tape style engine indications?

...so you're not going to say which parts of the FMS aren't modeled? I'm hoping it is going to be an extremely short, if non-existent, list. :DBest regards,Robin.

The beta team includes a couple of MD11 pilots who are extensively testing it... and I am not aware of any discussion regarding missing features. In fact, the FMS is going to have "FS Shortcuts" menus to do things in the simulation like close doors and disconnect ground power with the MCDU (a la keyboard shortcuts but spiffier).I can tell you this, there is enough difference between the Boeings and the MD11 to expect everyone to need retraining.

Dan Downs KCRP

I fly the LSH MD2006 quite a bit, so if it is similar to that (as in aircraft philosophies), I'll be quite at home!Thanks for the info! :DBest regards,Robin.

Guest mpauli

Robin,You can expect an FMS that is actually closer to an Airbus than a Boeing. I think most of the people will be able to use its basic functionality but it

Robin, It would be fair to say there is nothing absent that would be a disappointment. In the beta discussions I've not heard any of the real-world guys say "where is the..." or "how come you didn't include the..." so you can expect everything you would need or want for an A to B flight.There are for more surpise INclusions than surprise EXclusions in my view!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>I would assume then based on all that you guys are saying,>North Atlantic tracks will be programable in the FMS?Absolutely, no way would we leave out something as basic as LAT/LON waypoint input...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest mpauli

Robin,Sorry to disappoint you on that one but no, circuit breakers are not modeled. Apart from that you'd almost never pull a circuit breaker in normal ops anyway.There are certain checklists that would require you to pull or cycle a circuit breaker in emergency or abnormal cases but again, we couldn't model all breakers anyway.I think you ask that because the MD2006 models certain circuit breakers. But be aware that the MD11 with it's much more sophisticated computer systems has much more breakers that a MD80 series aircraft and the MD2006 is missing a lot of breakers as well...Regards,Martin

Regarding the circuit breakers, adding to Martin's post...The problem is not just that there are more of them compared to the MD-80:Imagine the fuel system on the MD-80. There are fuel pumps for each tank, and a crossfeed possibility, all done manual via ON/OFF switches. That's it. If you pull a CB for one of the fuel pumps, the corresponding fuel pump would no longer work regardless what you do on the overhead's ON/OFF switch.Now...The MD-11 has a computer controlling the entire fuel system. If you pull a CB on the fuel system that computer will react to this and will alter the way it's managing the fuel system if necessary. So one can imagine that programming a CB belonging to a ON/OFF switch is totally different compared to a fuel system using an automatic system controller.If we were to model CBs on the MD-11 release date will move back another year or so ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard