Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

MD11 Questions? Fire away.

Hello,I have a question about FS2004 virtual memory usage under XP-SP3. I think it goes without saying that PMDG747 has been VM hog among many other payware planes. How about MD11? I realize that it's too early to ask about exact numbers, but I dare to ask in terms of comparability with PMDFG747 - does MD11 eats virtual memory more/less/or on equal level with PMDG747 in FS2004 under XP.Thanks for your response.Dmitriy

Perhaps I need to elaborate a bit more.I understand that under clean FS2004 installation both PMDG747 and MD11 should not have problems with VM usage. However, when it comes to complex sceneries, terrain, clouds, weather and AI traffic things are changing rapidly.For example, in FSDT KORD with UTUSA, ASV, custom-made AI traffic with +250 AI planes in 100nm range, I have ~1.3-1.4 VM usage on fina approach for any runway from PMDG747 VC. When VM is more than 1.5GB, the sim crashes with OOM memory. I found the way to solve this issue by saving the flight withing 200nm from airport, exit the sim, then load and continue again with no problems. But I'm afraid that it could't help with PMDG MD11 as you stated earlier that VM usage is so significant that Vista-64 is preferable.For many reasons I prefer not to move into FSX/Vista until Fall 2009, so it would't be a solution in my case.Thanks againDmitriy

Guest rellehenk

Martin,Can you show us the following scenario:-All engine flame out during cruise, push ignition override, pull adg. You are able to restart engine 1 and 2. 3 remains us. According to checklist push ADG ELEC.Make an automatic ILS approach. Below 1500ft, Bus splitting will not work, AP will disengage, F/D on right side will be lost. (DC bus 3 unpowered).If this all works, my compliments to PMDG :D

Hi, is the windshear alert and guidance system (WAGS)simulated? MD-11 FCOM: "The windshear alert and guidance system (WAGS) provides detection, alerting,and guidance through windshear.On takeoff the WAGS is available from 80 KTS to 1500 feet RA. On landingWAGS is available from 1500 feet RA to 50 feet RA.The WAGS is part of the AFS and gets data from the two central air datacomputers (CADC), the inertial reference system (IRS), and other AFScomponents. The CADC and the IRS can sense windshear conditions and willsend this data to the WAGS. The WAGS will then provide visual warnings onthe PFD and FMA and aural warnings through the CAWS. FD and AP areprovided through the AFS.""The CAWS generates a tone and TAILWIND SHEAR (or HEADWINDSHEAR) voice warning. Windshear modes are also annunciated on the FMA.""When windshear is detected and guidance is active, the system provides FDand/or AP guidance during takeoff and go-around. The system commands a 1degree flight path angle until appropriate airspeed is achieved. The system thencommands pitch guidance to maintain this speed. For takeoff this speed isV2+30. For go-around this speed is GA reference speed +20."Jan-Paul

Guest mpauli

Floris,I did that flight and it was actually really helpful to find some thing that don't seem to work correct at the moment. So far, I don't want to comment any further then that but it was definitely helpful...I'll post some shots I've made during that flight to give you an impression...Seconds after the all engine flame-out. Aircraft is on emergancy pwr:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192683.jpgIgnition override is on and ADG handle is pulled acc. checklist:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192684.jpgAbout to confirm the engine out on MCDU1 to allow max cont. Thrust. Autopilot is still in basic mode:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192685.jpgDuring approach the hydraulic system will repower the system three via the RMP's if power form the ADG is provided:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/192686.jpgBest regards,Martin

Harry, will do mate, expect some shots later on. I know the FPV was being slightly adjusted at some point so I'll put up the pictures with the caveat that there may be some subtle changes to this feature between now and release.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Dmitriy,The beta team are focussed on FSX right now but we'll be sure to let you know once we're moving into FS9 testing. I have a pretty similar FS9 setup so you'll get a good indication from me on this subject.The MD11 itself is VERY economical with memory usage in FSX at least, so the code is sound enough. As we all know though, those of us who push FS9 to its limits do so at the risk of the occasional OOM, regardless of what complex add-on we're using.Time will tell, my friend!Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Dear Harry,That clears it up, there is no set in stone method for the approach. Can you clarify how the handle is moved beyond the dial-a-flap detent? Is it lifted up and moved or moved left and down or in some other way?Just curious.Thanks a ton,Dinshaw.

Guest rellehenk

Looks good Martin. Thanx.What happened on the second picture? Which source is powering the right side DU's? Because when you pull the ADG (without pusing ADG ELEC), only the left emergency busses are being powered. F/O side is unpowered until an engine is restarted.

Floris,>> Looks good Martin. Thanx.>> What happened on the second picture? Which source is powering>> the right side DU's? Because when you pull the ADG (without>> pusing ADG ELEC), only the left emergency busses are being>> powered. F/O side is unpowered until an engine is restarted.Maybe this is what he meant when he said:>> I did that flight and it was actually really helpful to find some >> thing that don't seem to work correct at the moment. So far, I >> don't want to comment any further then that but it was definitely >> helpful...???Best regards,Robin.

Guest mpauli

Floris, Robin,You got me on that one, I didn't really follow the checklist and pressed the the ADG ELEC button first.And btw. the problem was about bus splitting and system not linked to the correct bus...Regards,Martin

Hi, just a reminder of my post above: is the windshear alert and guidance system (WAGS) simulated?Jan-Paul

>Hey, > I have an idea, how bout Munich, Italy. The Challenge might>not be as good but the scenery is great on approach, ofcourse>I did use FS9 then so it could be i bit better I have not>tried since then.>>Thank You>>Capt. Eric Wade Jones>>www.usairwaysva.org>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpgEricI'm confused.Do you mean Milan, Italy or Munich, Germany?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)