Sign in to follow this  
Guest svedman

747-400X overshoots MCP altitude, then behaving like a yoyo

Guest svedman

Hi,I'm using FSX Accelleration and PMDG 747-400X Service Pack 2.10.FD is on, VNAV is active, AP is engaged, FMC is programmed and EICAS recalled, no errors. Trim is set according to the Init Ref page. I'm using the PMDG Load Manager for cargo and fuel.My problem is that the plane sometimes (not always) has big problems leveling off at the altitude specified in the MCP. What sometimes happens is, during the climb the plane will overshoot by several thousand feet before finally leveling off way off target, then descending to the MCP altitude, missing it barely again having to climb, like a yoyo, before finally leveling off at the correct altitude.Is there anyone here who can tell me what I'm doing wrong?http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgBest regards,

Guest svedman

I'll do that, thanks for the suggestion :)Best regards,

oyvind-This is unusual, as the autopilot is normally quite well behaved.Can you give us a rundown as to what other addons/interfaces you have installed in FSX currently?Also please advise as to what type of weather engine you are using.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Will the first time I did a flight with the PMDG 747 I was using Active sky but then I thought it was maybe that the problem so I try not using active sky and just try normal weather has in weatther in the flight but it was doing the same thing. I use X graphic to. I even try a flight with no weather and it till does it. I was doing a 11h flight with the PMDG 747 to figure out what could I do about it but sometimes in the flight if I change somethink in the fmc or something other then that it would be normal but when I get to wayoint when the plane start turning the plane would start acting up again.Adam

I forgot to say I get this warning message when i'm about to start taxi and it wont go away "CG not within tolerance, aircraft unflyable!"What does this message mean and could this be the problem?Adam

Adam-ABSOLUTELY!When we say unfliable- we do mean unfliable. :-)Can you give us an idea as to how you loaded the airplane? If you modified the load using anything other than our own load manager- that would be the source of the problem...Give us as much detail as you can on how you wound up like you did- and we'll help you unwind it...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest svedman

>I forgot to say I get this warning message when i'm about to>start taxi and it wont go away "CG not within tolerance,>aircraft unflyable!">What does this message mean and could this be the problem?CG means Center of Gravity. It probably means you didn't set the trim (the far left on the Throttle panel) and/or didn't load the plane properly. You should use the PMDG Load Manager.BTW, I am the original poster, and I do not get any error messages. I haven't been able to try again for a while now, but I will post back to this thread when I have a screenshot.I also use ActiveSky X and X Graphics.You mention weather, Robert, do you think some of the weather settings in FSUIPC could cause this issue?

Will I really didn't use it when I try the first flight but the second time I try but I use the loading system when the plane was loaded on fsx and would till get the message. Could you tell me in detail how to properly use it? Adam

I have this problem, too.Another thing, despite the cruise FL set to 340, all the waypoints in the LEGS page indicate FL350.As u can see in the screenie, I use ASX.OVERSHOOT.jpgThx in advanceRosario Manzo

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Guest svedman

>I have this problem, too.>Another thing, despite the cruise FL set to 340, all the>waypoints in the LEGS page indicate FL350.>As u can see in the screenie, I use ASX.This screenshot is identical to what I have seen on my system.I cannot confirm what my LEGS page says yet, I will have to come back with that.Best regards,