Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brettlee

female pilots

Guest Brettlee

I just come accross an interesting thought so i had to post this question, Is there any female pilots out there or is our passion for flying just us guys, Just a curious thought????????????

Perhaps the same percentage of female pilots than in the RW ?I don't know the numbers, just guessing...maybe a 5% ?

Guest Mower

Being that my wife thinks I am a major geek for this hobby I'd say the percentage is low.

>Perhaps the same percentage of female pilots than in the RW>?>>I don't know the numbers, just guessing...maybe a 5% ?I have encountered female pilots/first officers quite frequently flying as a passenger. 5% sounds like a correct number though. You do hear female pilot voices quite often on liveatc too.As for FS, I bet that percentage is much lower. Well, as James Brown once said, "This a man's world":)

Guest Mower

Great link Dilip...BTW I see no reason while women cannot fly civi jets for a living...but fighter jets...no way! They lack the killer instinct IMHO.

>Great link Dilip...>>BTW I see no reason while women cannot fly civi jets for a>living...but fighter jets...no way! They lack the killer>instinct IMHO.Look at this. She has obtained n

>Great link Dilip...>>BTW I see no reason while women cannot fly civi jets for a>living...but fighter jets...no way! They lack the killer>instinct IMHO.There are F-16 and F-4 female pilots in the Turkish Airforce too.

>> but fighter jets...no way!There are female pilots in the RAF (fast jets, etc). Not sure about the Navy.Best regards,Robin.

Great minds, Bryan!I work with a lot of Navy folks, and I've met a number of female aviators. They're very skilled, and don't for a second think they don't have the killer instinct or at least the ones I've met will cut you off at the knees. They have to work harder and be better to be considered "as good as a man", and they know it.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest Eek

>>BTW I see no reason while women cannot fly civi jets for a>>living...but fighter jets...no way! They lack the killer>>instinct IMHO.>>You apparently haven't met my ex-girlfriend...>>Ryan Gamurot>Lucky to live Hawai'i>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.pngNow there's a guy who's never been divorced.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Women can actually make better fighter pilots because of their size. Their smaller size (in general) gives them higher g-tolerances (in general).Some also argue that when a woman is in the correct mindset, the maternal protection instict can kick in during battle, and #### hath no fury...While I would agree that aviation is heavily dominated by males, I would argue that the flight simming is even further male-dominated. That's not to say, however, that men should be the only pilots or flight simmers.I've seen female pilots and male pilots and both genders have their great examples and horrible examples. Gender generally has nothing to do with it.All that said, if there are any women in here, do chime in.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers