Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brettlee

female pilots

Guest Callmecapt

millions of people forking over large sums of money for software that lets us "pretend" to fly, logging on to a server and "pretend" to interact with ATC, following procedures to the letter, spending excessive amounts of time watching a screen with a 2D cockpit plastered on it for hours on end sometimes and you're saying this thread has lost the plot???LMAO.I think with the amount of money I have spent on my PC and all the add ons I own, I could have taken a 3 month vacation to the Bahamas in a 5 star hotel.ALL of us have lost the plot with this addiction we call SIMMING.It should be listed in the Oxford dictionary if it isn't already.Goran

30 something replies and still no female response...:-roll Guys, I guess this is a "gentlemen's club" or there are no female PMDG drivers (Hard to understand, women usually do love quality stuff :lol)

Guest Callmecapt

They don't want to come out of the sim closet.;)Goran

Ihave heard the odd girl now and the here.I listen CYYZ Live Atc and there are women pilots for various airlines.Bob

>Thought this would be of interest.I got this email about a>year ago.>Prototype1.jpg>The plane in these pictures is still officially the "Air >Vehicle Number 1," a prototype, on board the USS George >Washington CVN-73 for catapult fit checks. Not exactly still >Top Secret but certainly not yet made public. >>It will be known as the F/A-37. Although specs are classified,>it is believed to be Mach 3.5 (top speed in the Mach 4 range)>super-cruise stealth fighter/bomber/interceptor with>approximately a 4,000nm range. Awesome! >>Check out the Navy test pilot in the cockpit of the>F/A-37...LT Kara Wade >>Prototype_Kara%20Wade.jpg>Actually these photos are of a mock-up aircraft for a movie titled 'Stealth". Kara Wade (the pilot pictured) is played by Jessica Biel.Cool looking aircraft though, and the movie might be alright, who knows? :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yours isn't the only one. My wife-to-be thinks the same of me, too. But then, again, I build my own computers.

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual

How come nobody ever noticed the klingon-made looking aircraft anyway? lol :)She's looking so hot in that fighter pilot suit, isn't she? That big smile and the killer "let me go, I want to fly" look, is priceless :)That's probably why we want to see more women in aviation..Bozhan

Guest Callmecapt

Well ####! I honestly thought it was legit.I know the movie "Stealth". I know about it because it was made in Australia and we had a lot of buzz about it. Too bad it flopped.I just didn't know what the aircraft looked like which is why I had no clue whatsoever that these photos are from the movie.I'll be mail bombing the friend of mine who sent me this.Goran

"They lack the killer instinct IMHO."This may go down as the quote of the century.For the sake of the human race, let's hope most of us lack the killer instinct.Q> イアン

Guest XM DUDE

I would venture the ratio of female airplane geeks is very low. I plane spot at KLAX and it is mostly guys there.Michael Pare

It was a female instructor who taught me to fly - she's now a Captain flying jets for a major airline. And she certainly has a face and figure for the big screen!I have twice met the Space Shuttle astronaut Marsha Ivins, a veteran astronaut who has flown on the shuttle 5 times (so far). When asked what her ultimate ambition was, she jokingly said "Now that there are qualified female astronauts for every role on the Shuttle, I want to be on the shuttle's first unMANned flight". If you ever get the chance to go to a presentation by Astronaut Ivins, then definitely do so 'cause she's a fantastic speaker.James Butler