Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

A few more MD11 snapshots.

Hi Gents,Some assorted snaps from my last flight including a few VC shots, some images of the fantastic Air New Zealand Fantasy livery and one or two shots taken during my NZQN RNAV approach test. Not as many shots as I had wanted to take but things get very busy in the MD11 during the approach, not least of which is due to the relatively high approach speed the aircraft requires.Enjoy!2008-9-22_14-28-54-609.jpgEngine Start. The alert is not normally present during start and relates to some testing I was doing at the time (see? We're never just joyriding, we're always Betaing!)2008-9-22_14-34-58-265.jpgWingview as we approach the holding point.2008-9-22_14-39-58-828.jpgVC View crossing Rwy 23R at Auckland 2008-9-22_14-44-0-656.jpgRocketing out of Auckland. This bird can go for gold when you ask her to!2008-9-22_14-46-54-250.jpgVisibility from the VC is - as in the real aircraft - fantastic. I had to zoom this out to X0.5 to get the whole window in view!2008-9-22_14-46-7-343.jpgTurning south to pick up my track: NZAA-TG-GS-NR-PM-TR-RY-NZQN2008-9-22_14-55-45-171.jpgThe seat you KNOW you want! :-)2008-9-22_15-37-11-859.jpgIn the cruise to the northwest of my home town - Wellington, New Zealand. A nice place on a day like this!Here is some more 'generic' MD11 eyecandy for you.2008-9-22_14-56-59-328.jpg2008-9-22_15-37-52-375.jpg2008-9-22_15-9-30-93.jpg2008-9-22_16-43-47-328.jpgTurning up the Gibbston Valley during the RNAV approach into NZQN2008-9-22_17-32-58-375.jpgTouchdown at NZCH, Runway 20 after diverting from NZQN. The runway at Queenstown is very narrow and far too short to handle an MD11 sadly!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark, Fantastic pics. You have almost convinced me!!KIWI, ehh? Didn't pick the accent!! Just Jocking.RegradsJock McIntyre (YMML)

Jock McIntyre

Guest pilot-joey

Great, they are so crispy!! And the VC totally knocks me out!Best regards, Joey

A few more shots for those of you - like me - who prefer the view out your window to be a tad more inky black... ;-)2008-9-23_23-7-11-359.jpgThe overhead panel lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree! Normal operation sees the overhead panel almost compeletly dark. This is a lights test.2008-9-23_23-10-12-750.jpgA close up of the automatics.2008-9-23_23-5-57-171.jpgLighting is fully variable and you can find yourself spending a while getting everything 'just right' during your preflight.2008-9-23_23-9-5-218.jpgThe pedestal during preflight.Cockpit_Panorama.jpgA panoramic composition of the flight deck by night. More of these to come.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I prefer night flights, I guess cockpit lights makes things more dramatic...:-abduct

Great shots, as always!!! :DRegarding the night lighting - nice!! Really atmospheric! :-coolIs that just console lighting on? What does it look like in the various lighting modes?>> not least of which is due to the relatively high approach speed the >> aircraft requires.What are the landing speed ranges (empty/MLW) for the various flap positions?>> The seat you KNOW you want!#### yeah!! :7 Now FSX is running to my satisfaction, the wait is a million times harder!!Best regards,Robin.

Guest pilot-joey

Stunning, just stunning!Best regards, Joey

Indeed the most stunning shots of the vc so far!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest rellehenk

Approach speed with normal landing weight (around 185 tons) is 155 knots. (flaps 35)

Guest boeing_driver

Awesome shots! The VC is outstanding, I like the night lighting!

Guest sunbear

>A few more shots for those of you - like me - who prefer the>view out your window to be a tad more inky black... ;-)>>2008-9-23_23-7-11-359.jpg>The overhead panel lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree!>Normal operation sees the overhead panel almost compeletly>dark. This is a lights test.>>2008-9-23_23-10-12-750.jpg>A close up of the automatics.>>2008-9-23_23-5-57-171.jpg>Lighting is fully variable and you can find yourself spending>a while getting everything 'just right' during your>preflight.>>2008-9-23_23-9-5-218.jpg>The pedestal during preflight.>>Cockpit_Panorama.jpg>A panoramic composition of the flight deck by night. More of>these to come.Mark,Looks pretty good...just like the 737NG night panels & hopefully the NGX before XMAS...:)Regards,jack

Guest pilot-joey

Is it possible to pull the fire handles on the upper overhead? Show us :D!Best regards, Joey!

Hey, great pics. I'd like to ask again - can we PLEASE see some screenshots of the virtual cabin, if it is modelled? No one has said anything about this yet as far as I can remember.