Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Delayed SIDSTAR Collection

My Dell XPS is giving up the ghost. I have a newegg order on the way but Cycle 0810 comes out Thursday and I am only half way through the numerous changes (lots of new RNP approaches lots of places). I will do my best in between the blue screens and the need to restore registry often. Besides, now I can get a quad core with some bells and whistles.

Dan Downs KCRP

AOPA announced that Jeppsen won't have all the new RNP approaches in their Cycle 0810 update. Glad to see I'm not the only one that is late. I've got everything from newegg except the case, which is due today; therefore, should be back in production soon.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for keeping us updated on this,don't be in a rush take your time and again thanks for your great work.Dilip

Thanks. I have to RMA the motherboard and wait for a replacement. This is very frustrating... I had a lot of fun putting it together until the CMOS ERR message. The only computer I have access to is the workstation at work... all files gone at home. I'm depressed.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry to hear about your files,about your motherboard have you setting everything in BIOS to default or AUTO see if that helps ,check your ram, it might be DOA. And also update the BIOS version with the latest one and last check the CMOS battery and also you may try pulling up a little on the tab beneath the battery and ensuring a better connection.Dilip

Thanks for the update Dan and sorry to hear about your hardware woes. I just noticed your monthly collection hadn't been put up in the library yet and thought to check here first. Once again, I sometimes fail to appreciate the regularly updated freeware items in flightsiming hobby, until I can't find themSo, before your next collection appears, hopefully 0810, let me be the first to thank you again for your regular, timely, and very much appreciated attention to your procudure collections that we all enjoy with our PMDG birds.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

sorry to hear about your PC problems Dan. hope you get your new PC up and running soon. your work is very much appreciated. happy flyin, FM