Sign in to follow this  
Tony747-400

Unable to change options 747-400X

Hi.I am having trouble in changing options on the 747-400X.I have installed the aircraft no problem and all is working well,but I want to change from LBS to KGS.From the add-ons menu I select the options then various,make my changes and then press ok,but nothing seems to have taken effect when I go back into the cockpit,this is the same for some other selections I make too.I have tried to repair my install and also removed then reinstalled but still no luck.Is this a known problem or am I just being unlucky?Thanks for any help.Tony Simpson.

I just tried it on my system and it works OK. I've noticed on Vista systems that when using the PMDG dropdown menus that I sometimes have to use windowed mode for PMDG and Level D 767,otherwise the system crashes.One other suggestion is that your registry is corrupted.You can repair it with the free FS9/FSX registry repair tool from flight 1.You can download it here.http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeHope this helps.Ron

Ron Service

Hi.Thanks Ron.No that didn't work.I'm in a worse mess now.I deleted everything off,FSX and 747-400X and reinstalled.Now I dont have any flap animation,they look like wire mesh at the front,and the outbound ailerons jst droop down from the wing,even with all hydraulics etc working.Dont know what to try now,begining to wih I hadn't upgraded and stuck to my old version on XP.Tony Simpson

With Vista you should temporarily disable antivirus programs and use "run as administrator" when downloading and installing PMDG and other payware software.I believe there are some suggestions on the PMDG FAQ for installation under Vista.It definitely looks like you have corrupted data.Ron

Ron Service

Hi.Got the 747-400X up and running again properly,Still cant get the options (various) to work in the add-ons tab.May just have to live with it.Anyone know how to convert LBS into KGS?If anyone from PMDG could help it would be much appreciated.Thanks.Tony Simpson

Guest j-mo

Trying to help while you wait for PMDG. Is your OS Vista? If so, and you haven't done this, disable UAC and try it again. It sounds also to me like this could be a Vista permissions issue.

Tony,If you are running Vista it is probably a permissions issue with the PMDG folder. You do not have enough rights to write the changes to file. Should be fine if you installed both FSX and the 744X as administrator. Hope it helps,

HiThanks for all your replies everyone.The good news is I have solved the problem,I run the software as the administrator and managed to change from Lbs to KGS.The bad news is the software is very unstable and my PC keeps crashing,with a message saying my system has run out of memory.I find this odd as I have 8gb of RAM, quad core processor,and 2x512mb 9800GTX+ graphics cards in SLi configuration, Windows Vista 64 bitAs we stand I have used up all my online licence validations as I have had to keep reinstalling etc so just waiting for the guys at PMDG to let me manually validate my licence.See what tomorrow brings,I will get the Queen flyig properly soon lolTony