Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brettlee

ref out of memory

Guest Brettlee

Hi guys wonder if you can help me with a memory issue, Its happened a couple of times now not most annoyingly just now when i was taxi ing off the runway after my first successful pmdg 747 landing. It had that familiar bong noise then freezes. my system is an athlon 5000+64 with a dual core 2.6 processor with 3gb of ram and a 1gb graphics card. Ive heard people talk about a 3g switch what does it do and where in win xp do i find it. Please help thanks,Brett Anderson Stafford Uk

In my experience OOM issues very often are a result of addon sceneries. I would check this out first and see if that fixes your problem

Peter Schluter

Hi.I'm having the same kind of trouble,getting that bong noise and pc freezes.I alos get the message out of memory.I have 8GB of RAM,Quad Core 2.8 ghz,and 2x512mb 9800GTX+ in SLi configuration,so I'm pretty sure its not my system as everything else works ok.I am using Vista 64 bit though not XP and I dont have any add-ons running.Most annoying as my old version on XP used to run like a dream.Tony

Guest Mower

Saw it all the time with XP, never again now that I run Vista 64 bit.

Hi Brett.I have just installed FSX service pack 2,and have had no PC crasheswhilst using the Queen.I tested it thoroughly different windows open,spot plane views etc, and pleased to say all was ok.You can download it from www.fsinsider.comHope that helps.Tony

Hi,It appears there is a bug with landclass in fS9, that results in memory leaks and subsequent OOMEs.I could get OOMEs on approach to Heathrow 2008 until I removed landclass for a couple of unrelated sceneries and the OOMEs stopped.It was easy for me to do this as it wa a clean install of FS, but if you've got lots of scenery, disable each scenery area, and re-enable them one by one until you start getting OOMEs. That scenery is then the culprit.Takes time, yes, but then so does the memory leak before it manifests itself. I found Kai Tak to Heathrow was a sure bet for OOMEs.Best regards,Robin.

Brett,You could try the /3GB switch as described here:http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/OOM_ErrorThis has solved OOM errors for several users. Be aware though that it can cause crashes in other applications - I've personally seen it with the new Crysis Warhead game.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com