Sign in to follow this  

Project : weather interace questions

Hello all,As some of you may remember I announced a few weeks ago that and a friend are currently trying to develop a new simulator. Most of the past few weeks has been research.We have decided that the first design stage will be the weather system. This forum is often very helpful in providing information and guidance in general to designers and I hope we may keep that tradition here.I have a few questions below which I hope can all be adressed individually. In addition if after you feel you would like to make suggestion on the design or general comments, please feel free.In the full design scope we are most concerned about the weather system design and hence the questions below. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.1. We wish to implement a "real weather" system downloading current weather data in addition to ocean data and so forth. The questions are as follows: a) is this a paid service in that we must approach a company? :( are some free and others paid services? c) any good examples? d) thus to get real weather from somewhere online our software would have to support the inclusion of such data, correct? e) what if certain data isn't adressed that we wish to model?2. If real weather is used how would one simulate an advanced atmospheric, temperature and ocean model if all the required values and data are provided? Thus the inclusion of complex algorithms would not be necessary?I hope you can address each question seperately and elaborate on other weather topics not mentioned such as turbulence, wind pockets, microbursts....Thank you,Vincent Juarez

I suggest you download the following:nwea2kv4.zipinfom101.zipmetar10.ziprwx5_0.exerwx521up.ziprwxdb.ziptwifs_2.zipGetWeather20u1.exe

bump...any responses to the question up top?

Get metars via ftp fromweather.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/cycles/You can also browse it.King