Sign in to follow this  
Guest k7kdh

Cargo Doors on 747-400x

Guest k7kdh

Hi all, I have been trying with no success to assign keys to and use the cargo doors, tail stand, loader , ect. on the 747-400x. Nothing works. I understand for cargo doors to work certain buss power must be applied. Engines off , ground pwr applied apu1 avail . Nothing works . Thanks in Advance Kevin Hitehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi Kevin:Perhaps a little more information would be in order. 1. What Key Assignments have you tried2. Where are you trying to assign the Key's (IE FSX Keyboard Commands or PMDG Keyboard Commands)3. Are you running the latest PMDG 74X Updates?All is fine here...CheersPaul

Guest k7kdh

Hello, I have enjoyed the pmdg simulation very much. I wish to utilize the full benefit of assigning key combinations to activate the various systems and animations offered. I have been fruitlessly scouring the wikiops , forums and any other source to figure out why the PMDG Keyboard commands will not work. I have the 747-400x for fsx. The drop down in FSX labeled Add-ons and then PMDG Key Commands will not work for some reason. First I tried to set and assignment for the cargo doors to open . I followed the manual and tutorial to the letter. Ext pwr 1 ON , apu pwr 1 avail, battery on, apu pwr2 avail , ect..... Set a keyboard assignment to open any door on the aircraft. Nothing works, stairs , jack stand , nothing. I have been enjoying this simulation for some time know (started with fs9 version). I am frustrated at this point... none of the keyboard assignments for the PMDG Keyboard Commands work. I have reinstalled the operating system , The 747-400x simulation , FSX sp1 / acceleration all to no avail. Is there something really simple I'm overlooking , maybe something escaping me in the reading of the manual and tutorials.Kevin Hitehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi.If you are using Vista,try running FSX as the administrator(right click mouse and select).I was unable to change some of the options in the add-ons menu and found this was the way I could do it.Tony

Guest k7kdh

Hi again, Just to clarify my confusion (I hope its not catching), I figured it out. My downfall was using ctrl+Shift+a shifted key, such as < and , .... I have this to offer anyone else that my be having the same trouble as I. On the Add-ons dropdown menu and PMDG Keyboard Commands under the Cargo Catagory.Passenger Stairs Ctrl+Shift+F12Tail Jack Stand Ctrl+Shift+F11Loader Nose Ctrl+Shift+F10Loader Fwd Right Ctrl+Shift+F9Loader Aft Right Ctrl+Shift+F8Loader Aft Left Ctrl+Shift+F7Entry Doors L All Ctrl+Shift+8Entry Doors Upper Ctrl+Shift+7Cargo Doors All Ctrl+Shift+F6Entry Door 1L Ctrl+Shift+5Entry Door 5L Ctrl+Shift+4Entry Door UR Ctrl+F12Cargo Door Nose Ctrl+Shift+PCargo Door Left Ctrl+F11Cargo Door Fwd Ctrl+F10Cargo Door Aft Ctrl+F9Cargo Door Bulk Ctrl+F8These assignments work and do not confilct.Kevin HiteA&Phttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest k7kdh

Hi Tony, Thanks for that I will give it a try as well. kevin

Guest stubbornswiss

By the way.....are you sure you are trying to get these commands to work on a cargo aircraft, and not perhaps on a passenger model?It does happen.... believe me, I know!!Just a thought.