Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

MD11 Derate info and TOPCAT

Bump. :)I can not imagine flying without the derate data after the topcat and Pmdg 744 combo..It's not just a derate thrust computer but it also calculates the MTOW figures for a specific runway, humidity and temperature.. And the best part is the data you get is true for our simulation, not just some fake numbers!It's a must have information for anyone trying to plan a long range flight.I hope the same collaboration goes with the MD-11 too.Bozhan.

Remember in the real world data is specific for each runway. So I imagine that PMDG could only provide some sort of "generalised" tables such as those provided by the Level-D folks for their '67.But yes, some sort of derate data would be fantastic - something I've been definitely missing in the 737 (although you can make a "guestimate" based on runway length/weight/temp tables). I hope something may be included with the MD-11.I wasn't actually planning on getting the MD-11, but I think now I may have to (once it's out for FS9 that is). Still need to do a few more 747 flights though, as QF will be retiring them from my favourite routes in the not too near future (Kangaroo route).CheersRudy

"Remember in the real world data is specific for each runway."YES!!! And that is why you need TOPCAT. It will generate runway specific data (accounting for obstacles etc) quite automatically!A must have for any and every takeoff! I really hope to see TOPCAT MD11.Paul

And I would add to that the ability to have the dial-a-flap incorporated into TOPCAT as well. Could you imagine? That would be uuuuuber sweet !!!! "Flaps selected 9 degrees" Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Gents,The inclusion of performance data for the MD11 into the TOPCAT programme is not within the gift of the PMDG Team.You need to contact Christian Grill (TOPCAT developer) at the e-mail address below:support@topcatsim.comChristian is an extremely friendly & helpfull chap...I would not be suprised if he is already gathering performance data on the 'Long Beach Swan'.BestSteve Bellpilotinfo.php?pid=0538&bg=b744

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'