Sign in to follow this  
Guest Galeno

problem wieh tnav help please!

Hello Galeno!The altitudes at which the aircraft is to pass each waypoint is programmed into the LEGS page. They can only be followed during descent, if you allow the aircraft to descend to those altitudes using the ALT dial.During the descent phase, if you had set 9000 in your ALT window, so that the aircraft was not allowed to cross NIBGA lower than 9000 ft, you should then have set 5000 in ALT to allow the aircraft to descend for the next waypoint. Did you do this?I hope that I have understood your question. If not, please explain a little more.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest Galeno

Hello Richard..Yes!i reset de mctp altimeter..following the altitudes of fixed thereafter, she maintains the level and accelerates ... the problems really I do after I installed the aircraft, and getting just knowing that it was a problem, so I have to make the cut by vertical speed after the 1 intersection...i go try one more example ok? look>let's assume that I will do the procedure...NIBGA FL090BROZ FL060CURSE FL020on this sequence...look.. on descent the aircraft can hit the fl090, because is the first fixe on procedure, but on the nexts interesections for example BROZ, to invest in it down and reduce the speed, he keeps the altitude and accelerate...

Dear Mr. Galeno (?)Please sign all your posts with your full name- forum rules.In your case the LEGS page in the CDU ought to look like-NIBGA 250/9000BROZ 250/6000CURSE 220/2000If your MCP ALT knob is set to 2000 prior to NIBGA- and there is sufficient track mileage between the waypoints to allow for an appropriate descent profile AND the aircraft is flying in LNAV/VNAV with the AP engaged- CMD green- our fat girl will fly the descent profile quite wonderfully.Time and time again I have marvelled at this smart FMC's ability to descend, decellerate and navigate completely automatically, to finally allow for localizer and G/s intercept by simply arming the LOC and then APP modes. It is a thing of beauty and I have begun making it a matter of principal to descend in VNAV (ATC allowing). One of our RW pilots (Cowpatz) reminded us that VNAV is THE MOST EFFICIENT profile possible- so in this time where seat mile costs are more important than ever- VNAV seems even more important.This SOP really highlights the procedures written by Dan Downs and Steve Bell- they are wonderfully written and allow for perfect FAF intercept.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Galeno!Are we answering your questions, or answering questions you have not yet asked?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx