Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Any News on Downloadable MD-11 Manuals?

Yes please release the manuals. I will not purchase if I cant see the manuals first to understand the depth of the product and how much it differs from say the LDS 767 or Coolsky MD 80 Pro.

Matthew S

>I will not purchase if I cant see the manuals first to>understand the depth of the product and how much it differs>from say the LDS 767 or Coolsky MD 80 Pro.Give me a moment to arrange a little demo regarding 'depth' of this simulation... :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Steve_Park

>Guys,>>Boeing/Alteon has to approve us releasing manuals outside of>the product itself because it's basically a real MD-11 AOM. >We're trying but we can't do it if they won't agree...>Ryan, Don't quite understand this statement..they have already given you permission to have a third party reprint and sell the manuals outside the product and also to give the manuals away for free with the product, but not to make them available for download to prospective customers? I thought you guys wrote the manuals(Precision Manual Development Group is what PMDG stands for right). I am sure they are placarded "Not for real world use" on every page.Steve

Guest Mower

>Give me a moment to arrange a little demo regarding 'depth' of>this simulation... :)Ah yer killing me dude...where's the demo...?

Steve,the thing is: If you give them away for free before the product release, you don't know who is going to be a customer and who is not, so basically you'd be making available a download for the whole world to get without any control. I'm sure that's where the issue is with Boeing, but I'm not involved in this so can't say more...Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Mower

Well I would agree that pirates shouldn't get their hands on the manuals...if that was your point.

Hi,IMHO I can't see the problem. I could order the printed manuals now, but it doesn't mean I'll buy the simulation (YES I WOULD! :D ).Do Boeing get a cut of the sales? Could be a per-copy licensing thing.@Mark: Do you know the trouble you just caused yourself by offering a product demo? :D :D * Waits patiently for demo * :DBest regards,Robin.

Guest Jake Lee

>Steve,>>the thing is: If you give them away for free before the>product release, you don't know who is going to be a customer>and who is not, so basically you'd be making available a>download for the whole world to get without any control. I'm>sure that's where the issue is with Boeing, but I'm not>involved in this so can't say more...>>Markus Any chance I can buy the manuals via a loan or lay-a-way? Make 2 payments? ;)- Jake

> Any chance I can buy the manuals via a loan or lay-a-way?>Make 2 payments? >>;)>- JakeSure Jake, I'll send you my address. :-hah