Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

PMDG-747 half of it despaired ????

Thanks for the suggestion. My intuition vacillates between blaming the MD-11 and blaming some fault in my PC settings. But the bottom line for me is that I'm reluctant to concede very much performance because I've only recently got the thing to deliver acceptable fluidity in all conditions. Others seem to have different experiences, but for me losing 50% of the RAM speed, or 10% of the CPU speed, does actually make an appreciable difference to FSX's performance.However, I may be stumbling towards a personal work around/fix: a combination of pushing the voltage on my DDR3 further towards its maximum recommended setting than I would otherwise use, boosting tRef a little, loosening up on tRFC, stepping down to the 2N command rate and - possibly the magic ingredient! - setting the "Large address aware" flag in the NT File Header of FSWinn.exe (part of FSInn), using "CFF Explorer".I've just completed two test flights online that would previously ALWAYS have led to a crash: it's early days and I've been here before, but I scent victory ...Tim

Guest b3n898

yeah this happens to me also. i was flying down western coast from lax just during day time and all of a sudden my vc disappears and only a couple of gauges are visible and then fsx lags and i have to close the game. i tried to fly again tonight and i turned on panel lights and as soon as i did that the exact same thing happened again :/

Guest swanrunner

I was running An HP with Intel Q6600 2.4ghz Quad core, 6gig ram, GeForce 8500GT, Vista 64 FSX SP1 and Acceleration. PMDG 747 and MD 11 for FSX. I have FSX tweaked for gaming. When I added UTX USA I started having problems with outside view coming apart and black screens similar to what everyone else has experienced. I went to Best Buy and the guy told me that the GeForce 8500GT was not enough card for FSX. He recomended the GeForce 9600GT and I had to upgrade the power supply to power it. After I changed cards I cranked up the sliders and this solved the problem for me. I now have great graphics as well as better frame rates even at the higher settings and no black screens or falling apart airplane. I have flown several 8 to 12 hr flights in the last 2 weeks in day and night changing views, turning lights on and off including the dome light with no problems. John KSEA