Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

Help Needed - Climb / Desc Tables

Hi Guys:I am in need of Climb and Descent Tables for the 744. Also, if possible, the CI Table, Long Range Cruise Mode Table, and the 1 Eng Inop Table. The priority is the Climb and Descent Tables however. I am trying to create a new aircraft profile for Flight Operations Centre and FS Build. I know by roughly what percentage the PMDG 744 burns fuel differently to the real world. I just need the actual data so that i can input it. CheersPaul

:-bang Doh!Boy do i feel like a prize pillock!Having thought that i had printed ALL of the PMDG documentation out. I felt certain that i was missing something. An exploratory trip into the PMDG file in FS, and lo and behold it seems that i only printed out the 'Cruise_Performance_747-400' manual in the bits that i felt relevant at the time! Looking at the last few pages of the parts i printed, it seems the ink was running out. So that explains that one. Anyway. Most of the data that was required was there. The only thing that i am missing now is the CI Table. Perhaps Mr. Randazzo Has something?? :-zhelpSo, sorry for wasting anyones time on a fruitless web search. seems like i had most of it all along....I'm off to :-hang myself!RegardsPaul

Hi Paul,interesting subject . . .since I was never really happy with the pages in the PMDG manuals, I have "test-flown" my own figures. I kept ALL the flight plans and evaluated the relevant figures myself.Right now I have my own flight planning system on a EXCEL-basis and I arrive plus/minus 500 kgs from my estimates - the only problem are the winds . . . since HiFi provides only spot winds and NO forecasts, on a 10 hrs flight the data are no longer valid!On the climb figures I calculate with the following data:TOW below 350 ktons I use 380 kgs FF per minute - above 350ktons I take 420kgs per/min. I use between 125 and 165 nm for clb distance depending on TOW and FL and an avg TAS of 420kts for the clb period - also this proved to be more or less accurate - there are special apts like MMMX where you take-off already at 7300ft, but with a far less TOW than MAX.For descent I use an avg of 99 kgs per/min, with an avg of 1650 ft V/S and 330 kts TAS as avg.The whole systems works with a FACTOR whereby the FF is calculated such as :sectortime * (inflt wt divided by FACTOR)/1000which gives me the ttl fuel for the sector.The advantage of the method = it takes into account the reducing inflight weight and thereby the reduced FF.I was asked to publish this EXCEL program, but I decided against it because it is not so automated and you have to have some knowledge in EXCEL. But if somebody is interested - just drop me an e-mail.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman Fosterhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Karl:Many thanks for your reply. In all the MD-11 hoo har, the post slipped back to page three quite quickly ;) Anyway, would love a look at your Excel workbook, if you could mail it to me on PaulSmithLD(AT)Gmail.ComI have been working on a similar sheet with Steve Bell, so could perhaps merge elements of yours with elements of ours and see where we get to.CheersPaul

Guest Usscarrier

Good Morning Karl-Read your post with interest. Even though I do not own the PMDG 744 (I am anxiously awaiting the MD-11) I have always found excel an interesting program. If you wouldn't mind I would love to look at your excel program.My email is: travis.normandin(at)gmail.comThank you for your time and effort.Travis Normandin