Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Buying 737: NG and/or 800/900

A bit late in the day I know, but whilst waiting for the FS9 MD11 I have decided to buy the 737. I have two questions.I understand from reviews that improvements were made over time to the framerates, documentation and some visuals: does this apply to the NG or do I have to buy the 800/900 as well in order to benefit?After buying the downloadable product, will I need the updates or are they included?Thanks.

There are panel improvements that come with the 800/900, otherwise framerates and documentation is the same. I opted for the upgrade after flying the 700 for awhile and still mostly fly the 700 but didn't mind the extra expense for the upgrade. Only you can determine if the upgrade is within your budget.The download will include all updates except current navdata. You should subscribe to that at navigraph.com (it's almost a necessity and the cost is nominal).

Dan Downs KCRP

The Aerosoft CD package of the PMDG 800/900 can stand alone without purchasing the CD 600/700. As I recall TCAS only worked with the 800/900 panel. As Dan said the 800/900 (whether CD or download) updates the 600/700 panel.If you do not need the 600/700 consider the stand alone 800/900 CD version.