Sign in to follow this  
michal

Flight1 C421-New Panel

Guest gasebah

Hmm...that sound great. When will you upload the panel?Alex

very nice , I had always wanted what you have done but never asked.well done !

WOW!!! Great job! I have always wondered why Flight1 make these things work. Probably too busy making such a great a/c. One question though, I have a VOR2 guage where you have a Radar Altimeter. Did you add this too, or am I missing something? (I dont read manuals) I have been wishing there was an RA Guage. Looking forward to the panel, again great work!-------------Michael

Wow. Thats great news as I spend most of my time with this model.When are you uploading ?Thank you very very much!BobG

Thanks! When will it be uploaded. Also, how do u set the comm radios and nav radios in this plane? i dont have a clue!REGARDSmoses

I just want the auto pilot to alarm when its disabled.Kil~

So where is it? When will it be available for download?Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Looks great Bill!I don't want to be the preverbial wet blanket but I'm sure you'll have to seek Flight1's permission before you can upload your version of their panel, as it's copyrighted material.Good luck.Best wishesMurphy

I don't see how much of a copyright issue it can be. What if he just uploaded the panel.cfg and the "added gauges and switches" he used? There's no need to upload the complete pit as the owners of this marvel should be able to use his mod'd panel without problems. jd

Can't say I disagree with you jd but just the other day a panel was uploaded which used a bitmap from Dreamfleet's 737. Lou Betti (sp?) objected and the panel was pulled from the library.The C421 is a commercial package and I'm sure the copyright statement will prohibit reuse or redistibution of any of the elements of the aircraft package, "as is" or modified.It's understandable that authors/companies take this stance in the light of so many instances of piracy. Sadly it may also impinge on harmless panel updates, for the benefit of co-owners of the package, like this one.Like I said, not trying to be a wet blanket, just pointing out that it may not be possible to distribute this panel due to copyright.

Thanks all for your comments. Here is the latest status. I am putting in some changes. As far as permissions are concerned, I am planning on getting Flight1's permission. It is their product and hence their call. If they say "no" then I will not upload the panel. The purpose of this post was to get some ideas of what the simmers wanted for this great product.Thanks again,Bill

You have to read both the PDF manual, and run or read the PDF portion of the C421 tutorial flight. If that does not do it, and they are sometough radios to learn to tune--let me know. I'll write up a How To for you myself. But please, read those two first. In your Flight1 folder.

Guest B52Drivr

Hi All,I'm sure there are copyright issues . . . and of course, we do not wish to step on anyones toe's who is a for sale author or a freeware author, as they do so much for the industry. Saying all of that . . .I have a question.I have the 421 and the Piper 400, I liked the GPS so much on the 421 that I eased a copy of it over on the Piper, and find that I want to use it on all my aircraft. Now, what I do with MY aircraft, I think is my business, however, the question is, is that a copyright infringment? Just thinking outloud . . .but my thoughts are that since I paid for it, I should be able to do with it as I please as long as it stays on MY computer? Any thoughts?On the 421 panel, I do like the improvments . . .but I'm sure the authors will have to give their permission for any upload of improvments. Just thoughts and ideas . . .?Best to allClay