Sign in to follow this  
Spawntscuk1

Engine out During Flight

HiI have a experienced a similar problem on the last two flights.Firstly I always start a flight with the defaut cessna then load the PMDG 747. I spent ages the other night setting up a flight using topcat for the weights. I got to the point when I ask FSCrew to start the engines. 3, 4, 1 all started okay but engine 2 would not start up at all. I switched off all engines and tried again no luck. Well the flight was grounded. Today set up another flight from EGLL to EDDF and during the climb through 1200ft to 13000ft engine 3 decided for no reason to shut down and following engine out procedures the engine would not restart so ended up at the optimum engine out altitude and carried on to Frankfurt. I checked the failures option in the PMDG failures menu and nothing was set. MMMNNN I though what is causing this? Can anyone shed any light on this?Regards Jason

Guest Lennie Lyon

Sorry Jason, as I have never experience an engine out, I cant help help you, but as you say surely there must be someone who has, you cant be the only one,,,, can you????

Guest j-mo

I can't help you directly, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading some posts on the startup issue some time ago. Try a search.

Hi,I don't use FSCrew, so I can't help. My suggestion would be to remove or disable FSCrew and try it again manually. If it is OK manually, the problem is with FSCrew (very likely).Best regards,Robin.

Guest captnmel66

I had a problem with the 737 on take off. both engines quit right after lift off or leaving 1000 feet... nothing like a 100,000+ pound glider. I ended up uninstalling the last plane I had installed and restarted my computer. seems to have cleared up the situation. I will say I currently fly a plane that in the last 6 years has had both engines fail at 35000 feet or above in type! we get trained every year on dual engine flame outs now.