Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

727 panel fix

I just uploaded a fix to the 727 panel. It fixes serveral minor problems, the most notable being the replacement of the radio gauges with "anti lawn dart" models.Mike Stone

Guest HeavyFan

Thank's for the Fix MIKE!! Great work!! But will you also make a fix for the 727 gears!?? Me and alot of other guy's love the model itself, but the gares are way to big for the plane!!?? If you could make the gear particularly the tire's a bit smaller would make the plane that much better!!! Thank's MIKE-:) Keep up the Awesome work MIKE!!

Guest B52Drivr

Mike,Thanks in advance . . . it would be a shame to bend such great birds due to radio malfunction. This aircraft could become my all-time favorite with all the great repaints that will be coming.From one who appreciates such fine work . . . Kudos! What a fantastic job . . .it has just pumped new blood into FS2002 for me.Best to you and yours,Clay Dopke

"anti lawn dart"In some circles that is also refered to the "Anti-Allensworth effect". Thanks Mike! :)

Anyone else have comments on the size of landing gear? I designed the aircraft from scale drawings in "The Modern Civil Aircraft Guide" by David Donald. I just rechecked the model in GMAX against the drawings and I'd need a micrometer to get the wheel sizes any closer. But the drawings could be off. Any 727'ers out there that can give me some feedback?Mike Stone

Hi,The landing gear look fine, to me. 727's have larger-than-average main wheels so they could land on not-so-improved runways.Thanks for the great work!

Hi mike,Well the gears in the ground looks good , but in the air the gear looks really big and too down of the fuselage.Thanks-------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.mperez.ws/MDN-Sign2.jpg -------------------------------------------------------------------Get my repaint of IFDG's 757 in UNITED LIVERY now!HERE - http://www.mperez.wsCheers,Mauro :-wave

Guest HeavyFan

Hey MIKE! Well what i meant to say was the gaers itself look OK, but i think it's the tires that are a BIT BIG! If you could downsize them some would be cool! As I don't remember the 727 front tires being that big!?, I know the main gears are a little bigger, but not as big as you have them right now. Just downsize the tires some should make it look a whole lot better! keep it up! Thank's MIKE-:)

Ijust scaled a photo to a screenshot and the tyres are the same size in both ?Alpha

Mike, I'm sure when Michealangelo (?) designed, he didnt always get it right first time, I for one am grateful and appreciative of you efforts, they cost me nothing and give me nothing but enjoyment, my wife says, "go to the pub". My argument(though she wins in the end) is "My Darling, for weeks I've waited, for months I've toiled, I cant slip down the road and play with a real one anymore, it would be an injusctice for me not to see the fruits of my frustration now it's here".............OK BS but it's a great way to enjoy Mikes models (AI..ace) and remember for me, what it's like to fly an old ship. Dynamic guys, can you make her "feel" heavier, sloppier ? a little more drag please ? A lot of power a little less acceleration (didnt Elvis sing that ?)Panels wise...phew ! Chris Alverwhatever (sorry Chris) Fox's, Goldings. Fantastic stuff out there for a fantastic aeroplane, long may she live via Mike's efforts.Thanks Mike, the modelling gets better with every release, Well done.Cheers all !George

I tried to look but was attacked by poop ups, is the picture on the front page modelled on your self ?Thanks George

Guest HeavyFan

Hey ALPHA! Well yeah I am not the expert here, but if the photo's say it's that big, then be it!! I just thought it was a little of!! Oh well still a great looking plane! By the way ALPHA, could you possibly paint an FFG DC-10-30 in the HAWAIIAN AIRLINES 70YR Anniversary Livery?? I have been asking this for all the painters out there and never really got a response!?? It's not a hard Livery to do, so i wonder why no one wants to do it?? Could you PLEASE consider doing this Livery?? As i see this plane at home in PHNL Intl Airport and want to fly this plane on thier real world routes in FS2002!! PLEASE let me know if you can do this livery, as I know alot of people looking for this livery too! Thank's MIKE-:)

I always thought the landing gear looked fine. But I always thought the 727 was "stubbier" in real life. What I mean is that I thought the fuselage was shorter and fatter. But it has been a long time since I've seen the real thing so who am I to say :)Here is a scale "thingy" Eric Cantu made:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/11588.htmlHope that explains what I mean.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The 727 is my all time favorite and now FS2k2 is complete :-) Any chance of a repaint in Air Jamaica original love bird colors?Thanks for a great job.Bill

Heavy FanEmail me your request and i will try my best to do it for you (i store the emails in a order of Paint :)As long as you see Nothing in this 727 is the wrong size cos i measured it all when mike released it and exept for the rudder is three micron out to the left side :)Alpha xxxxxxxxxx