Sign in to follow this  
Guest XM DUDE

Is this possible?

Guest XM DUDE

downloading a PMDG file on another computer and transferring to my computer that for some reason will not see the PMDG website. I ask this because it seems that no matter what I do short of nuking my hard drive and starting all over, I just cannot get on the PMDG website on this computer making it impossible to download and install any PMDG product.Michael Pare

Guest FrancoisH

Depend of the version of PMDG. FOr 737 I'll say yes, but about the 747, you'll need order ID and then that installer communicate with PMDG site... but maybe using ports not affected by your problem (I hope).Anyway, if this is just about the installers, yes, you can download them from everywhere... I downloaded the 747 on my Laptop which just gone to support service to be exchanged with a new one and I decided finally to not wait and install 747 on the desktop PC, I did not downoloaded a new installer for sure ;)Regards.

Guest XM DUDE

>Depend of the version of PMDG. FOr 737 I'll say yes, but>about the 747, you'll need order ID and then that installer>communicate with PMDG site... but maybe using ports not>affected by your problem (I hope).>>Anyway, if this is just about the installers, yes, you can>download them from everywhere... I downloaded the 747 on my>Laptop which just gone to support service to be exchanged with>a new one and I decided finally to not wait and install 747 on>the desktop PC, I did not downoloaded a new installer for sure>;)>>Regards.Maybe I will see the MD-11 on a 3rd party vendor site.

Hello, I got something for you. If you are using Internet Explorer 7 reset to defualts not just by deleting temp files and such go to Tools Internet options then click on the last tab and click the "Reset..." button that is a last resort for IE7 according to them so if it does not work you or your not using IE7 then, I am sorry I could not help.Now it does say only use as a last resort so if you aint comfortable don't do it.Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Hi Michael,Have you tried another webbrowser like Mozilla Fiorefox?Just an idea,Good luck,Wijnand

Michael,Here's one idea that I've seen cause stuff like this before:Check your WindowsSystem32DriversEtc folder for a file called hosts. Open it using notepad and ensure there's no rule set for www.precisionmanuals.com - this file can override the normal DNS lookups that TCP/IP does when you try to reach a URL.If that's not it, I'd suggest running antivirus, and antispyware to make sure you don't have any malware on your machine that could be causing this.The fact that you can access the site from the same router using your iPod Touch means that it's definitely a software issue on the machine somewhere.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com