Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

Final Fantasy

Guest pilot-joey

The model just rocks, stunning, everything is right!!Best regards, Joey

Guest Mower

Looks GREAT, Pete...does Air Canada still operate them?

Guest pilot-joey

>Looks GREAT, Pete...does Air Canada still operate them?No they don't, unfortunately :(!Regards, Joey

Guest Mower

>Nice shots and paint Pete but what is the FPS hit of this one>because I see in the background one blurry mess ;-)FPS are of concern to me as well; I have a new hand built system but still only get single digit FPS on the ground with the 744X and AI at 80% (I use Ultimate Traffic X and REFUSE to remove AI traffic on the ground!)...so my fear is I will get the MD11 and just see the same ol' single digit FPS.

Guest pilot-joey

Yeah, flew today with the PMDG 747X and the frames were pretty good, only it started to get weird when I landed. I slided all my sliders to the left by Autogen to none and I got a beast of a PC and it still stutters!!!! Anyway hopefully the MD11 will be better regarding the FPS, the systems will be no doubt if I read all those stories!Regards, Joey

Chris,you will see increased FPS on the MD-11 compared to the B744!But if you really want to improve FPS without reducing AI I'm afraid you'll need to dump Ultimate Traffic X and use hand-made traffic from the guys at Aardvark, Fruit Stand, AI Malcontent and so on.This is a tremendous amount of work, but you will get BETTER looking AI planes with better FPS.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Nice shots and paint Pete but what is the FPS hit of this one>because I see in the background one blurry mess ;-)>That's because he's zoomed way in, and you're seeing distant textures with the low LOD.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Mower

>But if you really want to improve FPS without reducing AI I'm>afraid you'll need to dump Ultimate Traffic X and use>hand-made traffic from the guys at Aardvark, Fruit Stand, AI>Malcontent and so on.Dude that's a MAJOR PITA...not gonna happen for a few FPS increase.

>Dude that's a MAJOR PITA...not gonna happen for a few FPS>increase.Well it's more than just a 'few' FPS, talking big airports here. But it's not only FPS, but your AI will actually look REAL, which it does not with Ultimate Traffic X...But hey it's a free world... I know that I will never go back to an all-in-one package.Markus

Markus Burkhard

>>Nice shots and paint Pete but what is the FPS hit of this>one>>because I see in the background one blurry mess ;-)>>>>That's because he's zoomed way in, and you're seeing distant>textures with the low LOD.>>>Rhett>Rhett I know what he is doing lol (hence I develop too ;))But I don't have that on my system ;-)So just curious what the FPS impact will be on approach (most important one for me ;-))Maybe some comparison with the 747X? which I have on my system...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André