Sign in to follow this  
rquick

PMDG MD-11X: Being Readied for Release! (09OCT08)

Guest FrancoisH

>>Can't you give us an "hour" for the update or will I have>to>>press F5 key and broke it before the end of today ?... I>need>>to keep it safe untill tuesday !>>There's no need to F5 anything - we will post the exact time>of release as soon as we know. We are planning on doing it in>the middle of the day this time instead of at night so that>any server issues can be rectified. We've brought online a>very powerful new server cluster for this with a huge amount>of bandwidth, so we are not anticipating issues however.That's very nice but I still press F5 to get the promised PDF files ;)I have to start to read manual quickly if I want to be ready to know something about this plane before tuesday :(

Guest FrancoisH

That's funny link :( But I do own this thing too :(

Guest Steve_Park

Content of this post removed by moderator. Nonsensical whinging is boring to read.

Steve-I have removed your post because it is, quite bluntly, offensive to those in this forum who come here to participate and enjoy the company of like minded hobbiests.I hope you will not waste our time by continuing to participate here.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Captains-This is going to be a short update to communicate some important information related to the upcoming PMDG MD-11X release schedule. (I will have more in-depth information available for you during the day on Thursday!)We have been through a couple of Release Candidates, ironing out a few last minute bugs and providing some overall buff and polish to the PMDG MD-11X.Tomorrow we will be putting another Release Candidate on the table for our testers, and we are relatively certain that this will be the version which goes out to all of you during the coming days!(Okay- isn't that exciting? I just told you that you'll be flying the PMDG MD-11 in the NEXT FEW DAYS!)We have a bunch of behind the scenes prep work going on to support the release. I'll spare you the details, other than to say that this is how we expect things to go:-> We anticipate that the manuals for this simulation will go up on the site at some point on Thursday.-> We also anticipate that the 75+ liveries will be made avilable to you (At no cost!) at some point on Thursday. We are anticipating release of the PMDG MD-11X some between *now* and this coming Tuesday, 14OCT08.(I know, I know- a few deep breaths....okay..easy now...) :-)Lest anyone hyperventilate, please know that we WILL TELL YOU THE APPROXIMATE RELEASE TIME before it happens.As I've mentioned previously, we do not want to surprise you like we did with the Queen. We will make an announcement here in the forum once we know that we have a cleared Release Candidate- and we will tell you the day and time it will be made available.I will have all kinds of information for you during the day, Thursday. This information will include pricing, updates on the FS9 version, etc.Okay- I am off to get some sleep, then we'll be back to assembling the final version first thing in the morning! Can't you just feel it? It's nearly here!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Im extremely excited now. First flight is gonna be with American Airlines from Chicago to Heathrow.

Great news guys!I'll be the first... no probably not...Second???... lol oh well...Ok ok ok... I'll be good and get in line :)William

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I guess I will get in line after you. Time to start cramming everything from the manuals for that initial flight. Feels like xmas in october with all this good news around. :-cool ::readies blank check in hand::

Guest FrancoisH

I think my first flight will not be a long haul one but more likely a Charles de Gaulle, Paris to Sheremetyevo, Moscow.I'll first train a bit, starting over cockpit preparation, FMGS initialization, take-off (with and without failure), some short start of flight, repeated approches both manual and automatics then do a complete flight after that :)I'm crazy, I know it.

>>In fact, I would hazard a guess that most of you will want to>fly at night given that the night lighting in the MD11 is so>good.>That's when us cargo pilots fly anyway. :)RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'm going to do Long Beach to Reno-SteadThat will be a nice short flight. Unless there is a tutorial flight, then I'll do that first.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

> Unless there is a tutorial flight, then I'll do that first.There will be. :)

Guest KHAOS

While we're talking about first flights, for my inaugural flight, I'll be doing pattern work at Seattle to get acquainted with it. Second will be IFR from ANC-LAX to celebrate my first experience with an MD-11, when I flew with my dad on N275WA in February 2005, under the callsign Dynasty 218. It was a daylight cargo run from ANC down to LAX, pulling a 2-hr quickturn there, then flying back to ANC; following the sunset all the way back. That's a day I wish I could relive. Since I can't turn back time, PMDG's product will be the next best thing, if not the best thing ever. I'm excited!