Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Will my laptop run MD11 FSX?

Your asking the wrong question. The question should be: Can my laptop run FSX? And the answer to that question is no.FSX is a processor intensive game. You might be able to run it on the lowest quality...but that' it.Hope it helps,

Guest FrancoisH

To answer the question, FSX run smoothly with medium details on my laptop but it have a better DUal Core CPU... I do use an Dell XPS laptop which is designed to run intensive CPU usage application and which is more "transportable" desktop PC than a real Laptop :)Anyway, I do agree, your configuration will only allow you to run FSX with low settings so it will be hard to add a big and CPU intensive add-on like the MD11 to your FSX and still able to have more than few FPS.Regards.

hii'm running fsx on a laptop too, not even dual core. sure, it's only running on low to medium settings but i'm quite happy with it. somebody from the beta team told me, that you can compare the md11fsx to the leveld 767 for performance issues. i can fly the 767 on my system (xp!) so i will give the upcoming md11 at least a chance...hope this helps, but remember every system is different and i don't know if you are fine with "only" low settings (still better than fs9 ;-)).regardschrjs(christopher volle)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

If your laptop runs the 747X to your satisfaction then I think you will be happy with the MD-11. In fact, one of the topics during testing was use of the keypad in lieu of a joystick... I don't remember the outcome but at least it has been addressed.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,My advice is: try it and see what happens. You don't have to activate FSX immediately. :)Best regards,Robin.

Thanks for the comments guys. I am very seriously thinking of selling the laptop and getting a desktop second-hand. The laptop would be perfect for someone who didn't want to run FSX.The second-hand system specs are as follows:Processor: Q6600 (G0 stepping)2.4GHz standard running at 3.4GHzMotherboard: Gigabyte ga-p965-ds4 running Intel

Guest Joss

yeah but his notebook isn't an Asus G1S, wait for the FS9 version mate, it's a waste getting FSX + high end addons on your specs.

>>Plus all the cooling and hard drives etc. How will that run>FSX and MD11X? As some other have pointed out the MD11 might>be the point at which I upgrade to FSX. ;)>>Andy SThat Q6600-based rig will run FSX nicely, and if the PDMG MD-11 performs about like the LevelD 767, then the MD-11, too, will run well on that system.I highly recommend you *not* use the 2.0 ghz laptop for FSX. Get the second-hand Q6600 machine and you'll be much happier with the MD-11.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB