Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

737NG FMC data problem

Guest sunbear

I can't seem to get my FMC to display airports. When I program it, it will not recognize the KSEA input and tells me that it it not available. I looked in my FMCWP file and the only thing in it is the NAVDATA file with 14.4mb in it as follows:fmcident 1 kbwpnavaid 989 kb wpnavapt 2042kbwpnavfix 9053kbwpnavrte 2707kbIf I have to reload my navdata, can somebody explain how to do this? In other words, do I first delete the files in the navdata file, then go to a website and download the newest data and put it in the FMCWP file folder?Any ideas?jack

You should also have a set of sidstars, peferrably same cycle as the navdata. For example, KSEA change runway numbers early this year so both navdata and sidstar files need to agree on this.See also: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest sunbear

Hi Dan,I used to have the SID/Stars file but that too was lost when I took my computer in to have it looked at for a faulty D: drive.Would you say that my only solution is to uninstall the PMDG 737NG and do a complete reinstall so that the Navdata & Sids/Stars would once again become available?I have the CD for the 737NG 600/700 series and would then have to purchase the 800/900 once again from you guys.Any other thoughts on this subject? What would you do next?Regards,jack