Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

10OCT08 Updated MD-11 Release Planning Information

You know, for anyone that flies online, we should find some remote airstrip to train, practice circuits, takeoffs and landings, etc. Imagine a whole airfield full of MD-11s!!! :)Actually, which airfield was the MD-11 originally built/tested at?

Guest DeltaSimTek

>As far as finding a remote airstrip lets use edwards airforce>base if that is the case.>>>Actually, which airfield was the MD-11 originally>built/tested at?>>I would like to know that myself.>>Thank You>>Capt. Eric Wade Jones>>www.usairwaysva.org>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpgThat would be the McDonnell Douglas plant in Long Beach, California.Bryan Gandall

>>>You know, for anyone that flies online, we should find some>remote airstrip to train, practice circuits, takeoffs and>landings, etc. Imagine a whole airfield full of MD-11s!!! :)Moses Lake in Washington is where Boeing does a lot of flight testing. Long runways and out of the way.http://www.airnav.com/airport/kmwh-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

>I take it Revisings to the manuals either Printed or PDF>won't happen very much with the real MD-11 out of production?Eric, out of production does not mean the airplane won't get updates anymore.A lot of airlines are going to install or did already install fixed EFBs and FedEx is going to equip them with a HUD and lots of fancy bad weather sensors!Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Any update on tutorials?Still the same, there's one tutorial going to be available with the other documentation, and more tutorials will follow later.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest FrancoisH

I got a question about this plane... I saw on many video/photo that like in many other recent planes, the weather radar can be show on the ND.Is the Weather Radar simulated into the MD11 ? As long as it wasn't in previous PMDG products, I just wonder if this one will get it ?Regards.

Hi,I read somewhere that it isn't. :( It's in one of the recent threads.Best regards,Robin.