Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

Real World MD11 Crews

Hello Guys:Not being type rated on the MD-11 myself, i was wondering if any of the RW beta testers on the MD11 team had any comments on the FPS in FSX versus the Real World....Also, why oh why dont the windows open on the MD11 FSX? I am sure that they must do on the real world aircraft, After all, if the comms fail, how am i going to speak to the ground crew. Or what if the AC fails in the cruise and the cockpit starts getting warm? If i could open the windows, then the cooling breeze could be used instead and i could avoid unnecessary diverts.CheersPaul ;)

FOCUS mate- focus!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Paul,You need more light mate ;)Steve

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Carl.You raise a great point. ThanksWhile i am about it. Will the screens in the cabin work, and will they be showing the latest cinema releases.CheersPaul

>Carl.>>You raise a great point. Thanks>>While i am about it. Will the screens in the cabin work, and>will they be showing the latest cinema releases.>>Cheers>>PaulAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NO- but you will have a Pogo stick!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | NaturalPoint TrackIR Pro | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 x2 (Acronis) | Corsair HX620W PS | PFC Jetliner Yoke and Pedals | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Again,Steve, great point, well made.A further thought however. I notice that from many of the screenshots of the MD11 that there is no Pogo Stick. How can this be. I should imagine that, being quite short, it will now be very difficult for me to reach the circuit breakers for the scavenge pumps without it.CheersPaul

I suppose that while i am here, i should air another another of my concerns, below is a letter that i have emailed the pmdg support team on numerous occasions, and have yet to receive a response. ;) ---------------------Dear Mr. Randazzo;Having recently purchased your Boeing 747 product for $57.00, you can imagine my surprise and dissapointment when, with a knock at my front door, the Fed Ex delivery guy arrived with only a CD.Having gone to great lengths to secure sufficient Hanger and parking space at the local executive airfield, having nought but a CD to fill this space is, as i am sure you can imagine, most upsetting.That said, the chocks do indeed hold it up quite nicely, although having to lay off the engineering team that i had employed was one of the toughest days of my life. They all seemed quite sad...In releasing the MD11 product, i expect to receive a full sized aircraft for my money this time, thus justifying my extremely large outlay for the hanger space mentioned above.Yours sincerelyPaul SmithExtremely Annoyed Hanger Owner------------------------------------------CheersPaul

If there are, I don't want to know about them (yet). ;)I wouldn't mind knowing if they exist or not though. :)Best regards,Robin.

Very good :)You and Carl must have got pretty bored on the flight down to Rio ;)Dan.BAW1186

Hello Dan:Yes!It was a long old slog, but great fun. The arrival at SBGR was nice too. With 4 BAW 744's all landing within a couple of minutes of each other, it was indeed a thing of beauty.I notice that we had over 400 views yesterday, so hopefully it made a few people chuckle. And hopefully everyone saw it for what it was. A bit of light hearted fun. I spent about an hour reading through the forums here yesterday, and came to the conclusion that everyone was taking things a bit too seriously ;)CheersPaul

Paul,Having read your initial post I thought, well it is good to see someone having fun, but I have to say after reading the rest of this thread I had to tell you that I laughed so hard reading the post regarding your 747 purchase... they probably can't come up with anything nearly as funny in response, although I am sure if they put their heads together they may come up with something good. After all they are rumored to be nearing the release of a revolutionary sim in the coming days. Very funny indeed. Looking forward to reading more in the future.Rob Halmich

\Robert Hamlich/

>I suppose that while i am here, i should air another another>of my concerns, below is a letter that i have emailed the pmdg>support team on numerous occasions, and have yet to receive a>response. ;) >>--------------------->>Dear Mr. Randazzo;>>Having recently purchased your Boeing 747 product for $57.00,>you can imagine my surprise and dissapointment when, with a>knock at my front door, the Fed Ex delivery guy arrived with>only a CD.>>Having gone to great lengths to secure sufficient Hanger and>parking space at the local executive airfield, having nought>but a CD to fill this space is, as i am sure you can imagine,>most upsetting.>>That said, the chocks do indeed hold it up quite nicely,>although having to lay off the engineering team that i had>employed was one of the toughest days of my life. They all>seemed quite sad...>>In releasing the MD11 product, i expect to receive a full>sized aircraft for my money this time, thus justifying my>extremely large outlay for the hanger space mentioned above.>>Yours sincerely>>Paul Smith>Extremely Annoyed Hanger Owner>>------------------------------------------>>Cheers>>Paul>>holy Moses.henry (KLAX)