Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Looking for the promised Airbus?

I have just been on the web site admiring the MD-11 and trying to sneak a download ;) when I noticed that contrary to what PMDG promised, the NGX is now the next project.Does this mean that the promised Airbus is, no more?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I guess so...:-roll Why no Airbus, why!!!!!I really don't understand why Airbus is getting this stepchild treatment. Ok, it is remarquably difficult to simulate, fair enough, but is it that hard?Anyway, the MD-11 will make me forget the bus for a while :)

Guest pilot-joey

>I guess so...:-roll >>Why no Airbus, why!!!!!>>I really don't understand why Airbus is getting this stepchild>treatment. Ok, it is remarquably difficult to simulate, fair>enough, but is it that hard?>>Anyway, the MD-11 will make me forget the bus for a while :) First of all, Airsimmer seems to put off a well high quality Airbus some time near.And PMDG never PROMISED anything so don't claim if they decide that the concurrent has done an amazing job on their upcoming Airbus series.They firstly focus on the long awaited B737NGX after the beautifull MD11 as I can see.Notice I'm not a PMDG developer so PMDG correct me if I'm wrong :(!Best regards, Joey

You must be new, on here.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>First of all, Airsimmer seems to put off a well high quality>Airbus some time near.>And PMDG never PROMISED anything so don't claim if they decide>that the concurrent has done an amazing job on their upcoming>Airbus series.>They firstly focus on the long awaited B737NGX after the>beautifull MD11 as I can see.>Notice I'm not a PMDG developer so PMDG correct me if I'm>wrong :(!>>Best regards, JoeyJoey,I'm waiting for the Airsimmer model too, believe me from the day they annonced it :)I didn't imply that PMDG promised anything, I know PMDG never revealed anything official on it. What I mean't by "stepchild treatment" was for the whole simming industry, I mean, the A320 series has been around since the late 80's, to this day this wonderful aircraft has never been fully replicated for FS (except for the PSS and Wilco models, but they're no real Airbus). Wilco gave it a good shot but it didn't satisfy people like me who expect PMDG/LVLD realism, but I'm sure Wilco's bus is admired by some. As for the NGX, I would buy that aircraft the day it hits the market regardless of it's price, that's how much I'm waiting for it :)The MD-11 is a completely new airplane in terms of systems, so like I said earlier, I will probably forget about any other manufacturer going through all those manuals :)Happy landings

Guest Mower

How can I put this tactfully...?I don't care about the airbus, now or ever.

"Promised" was never my interpretation of what I heard back then. I heard through the grapevine at least 7-8 months ago (maybe even 1 full year ago) that PDMG wasn't doing the Airbus right now. Maybe that was a rumor but at any rate I don't know if there was ever anything said by members of PDMG on the subject. It seems that this is a reality, since the NGX seems to be next.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

What a very sweeping and selfish statement. Thankfully there are more people out there than you who do. If you had nothing constructive to say about a PMDG Airbus, why bother?>How can I put this tactfully...?>>I don't care about the airbus, now or ever.Greg B

Greg B

Well I really don't know if it started out as a rumor or as an idea. but I do remember that the subject was raised several times. As far as I'm concerned for me it's just a wish and I do know as a fact that there are more here who would like to see not only a PMDG Airbus but any of their favorite aircraft done by PMDG :)

Guest pilot-joey

>You must be new, on here.Actually, no. I forgot to mention in my previous post; don't jump to conclusions, as I see you are doing right now ;).You'll be forgotten the Airbus long after the PMDG MD11 has been released.Best regards, Joey

>>You must be new, on here.>>Actually, no. >I forgot to mention in my previous post; don't jump to>conclusions, as I see you are doing right now ;).>You'll be forgotten the Airbus long after the PMDG MD11 has>been released.>>Best regards, JoeyFor your information, and before you registered on here the MD-11 was the result of a vote that PMDG organised as to what aircraft we would like next.The MD-11 came 1st in the poll and an Airbus was muted as the 2nd choice to be made after completion of the MD-11.The Airbus was to come BEFORE the NGX but due to the enthusiasm of posters on here PMDG changed the development to concentrate on renewing there best seller the 737NG.Good to have memories, isn't it? ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

lol, their new aircraft is not even on the servers yet and people are already thinking about the next project.....I don't really care what PMDG do next although I do know the NGX will go a long way to persuading me to remove FS9 from my hard drive. Whatever the project there's only a couple of current developers who have been proven to produce commercial aircraft of the highest quality so whatever PMDG do it'll be excellent.Dan.

Guest pilot-joey

>For your information, and before you registered on here the>MD-11 was the result of a vote that PMDG organised as to what>aircraft we would like next.>The MD-11 came 1st in the poll and an Airbus was muted as the>2nd choice to be made after completion of the MD-11.>The Airbus was to come BEFORE the NGX but due to the>enthusiasm of posters on here PMDG changed the development to>concentrate on renewing there best seller the 737NG.>>Good to have memories, isn't it? ;)Oh well, it's just a matter of opinions to say what is new..Anyway if you want the Airbus by starting this thread, go ahead.And I'm now off this thread to follow the latest MD11 progresses, and reading further in my manuals.Regards, Joey

>I really don't understand why Airbus is getting this stepchild>treatment. Ok, it is remarquably difficult to simulate, fair>enough, but is it that hard?This is just not true, a myth like that has been around for years in the PC flightsim world... and it really is not true.Airbus is not at all magic, and if good and talented people can simulate an MD-11 then a FBW Airbus is of course also very much possible.Why has there never been a FBW Airbus so far at the highest quality level? Simple: There are only a handful of high quality developers around on this planet, doing an aircraft at that level takes a lot of time, and there are a lot of aircraft out there to simulate.It will come, it just needs time... Maybe it will be Airsimmer, maybe PMDG, who knows...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I couldint agree more... Airbuses are in high demand but from what was said above only a few great developers actually take the time to produce the best possible aircraft they can no matter what is is. PMDG is definitely one of these developers. Ill buy any product PMDG produces because I know I'm getting the best value for my money.The pricing is also in my opinion fantastic... Spending 80 dollars on a 744 is a heck of alot cheaper than running a R/W sim for 800 dollars an hour. Or buying the real plane for 80 million ( just a guess ).Bottom line is I'm happy with any aircraft PMDG decides to produce even if its not a Boeing. The more variation out in the market the better.