Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Looking for the promised Airbus?

> Maybe it will be Airsimmer, maybe PMDG, who knows...>>Regards,>MarkusSomeone told me recently that the AirlinerXP project was still going ahead, but that they'd chosen to follow a 'LevelD 757 project' style. That is, carry on with the work, but not run a forum, etc. I've no idea whatsoever if this info is correct though.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>This is just not true, a myth like that has been around for>years in the PC flightsim world... and it really is not true.>Airbus is not at all magic, and if good and talented people>can simulate an MD-11 then a FBW Airbus is of course also very>much possible.Thank you Markus, that is exactly my opinion.>>Why has there never been a FBW Airbus so far at the highest>quality level? Simple: There are only a handful of high>quality developers around on this planet, doing an aircraft at>that level takes a lot of time, and there are a lot of>aircraft out there to simulate.That is the part which intrigues me, I mean, we are talking about an aircraft which has been around for years of succesful commercial flying. Yeah, well, it makes sense, it does take a while to develop a good add-on. We (Airbus fans) will just have to be patient.I am only being the devil's advocat here but could be that most of these developpers are US based and that Airbus is european and because of this there may be a little bit of a tendancy to prioritize american manufacturers? (Please do not take this seriously, I am just kidding :D)

>Why has there never been a FBW Airbus so far at the highest>quality level? Simple: There are only a handful of high>quality developers around on this planet, doing an aircraft at>that level takes a lot of time, and there are a lot of>aircraft out there to simulate.>>It will come, it just needs time... Maybe it will be>Airsimmer, maybe PMDG, who knows...>>Regards,>MarkusMarkus,Do the improved facilities for FBW, available "natively" now that the A321 is a default aircraft in FSX, improve or simplify development for a high-fidelity airbus?Thank you,Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guys,We have ALWAYS said the new NG was going to be the next plane after the MD-11. There was never anything said to the effect that the 320 would be next. We will continue to evaluate the Airbus market moving forward...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Jake Lee

>I guess so...:-roll >>Why no Airbus, why!!!!!>>I really don't understand why Airbus is getting this stepchild>treatment. Ok, it is remarquably difficult to simulate, fair>enough, but is it that hard?> If it's not that hard then why don't you do it yourself? I assume you want a top-quality MD-11. Do you think you would get such a product if PMDG were working on 4 projects at the same time (MD-11 for FSX, MD-11 for FS9, 737NGX, and the Airbus)?-Jake

> If it's not that hard then why don't you do it yourself?Very wise question, really good.> I assume you want a top-quality MD-11. Do you think you would>get such a product if PMDG were working on 4 projects at the>same time (MD-11 for FSX, MD-11 for FS9, 737NGX, and the>Airbus)?>Jake, please read all the posts, at least all MY posts before quoting ME on anything.

>Do the improved facilities for FBW, available "natively" now>that the A321 is a default aircraft in FSX, improve or>simplify development for a high-fidelity airbus?Jeff,unfortunately the default A321 FBW simulation is not really close to the real Airbus so I doubt this will be of any help for an Airbus add-on. I mean it's a start but it's very basic and simplified.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Let's imagine what other 'hardcore' modern airliner PMDG can do after the NGX:717 - ?737 Classic - Wilco737NG - PMDG747-400 - PMDG757 -Captainsim/Level-D767 -Level-D767-400 - ?777 - PSS787 - No one knows what it will look likeA300/A310 - SSWA32X - AirsimmerA330 - AirsimmerA340-200/300 - AirsimmerA340-500/600 - Wilco A380 - Wilco MD-11 - PMDGMD-80 - Lago?ATR - Flight1ERJ-145 - WilcoERJ-170/190 - WilcoCRJ - ?Dash-8 - PSSIn my opinion, PMDG would most likely do the 777 or 717. Alternatively PMDG may try doing the A300/A310, CRJ, Dash-8 or the big FBW Airbuses. (A380 downwards)Or they can really go crazy and do the Tupolev 204.

My choice would be the CRJ including the new 1000 version.

>I don't really care what PMDG do next although I do know the>NGX will go a long way to persuading me to remove FS9 from my>hard drive. >Dan.I had the same opinion up until last week. I have tonnes of addons for FS9 and was adamant that I would not upgrade to FSX.Cut long story short I have now wiped FS9 completely and run only FSX. I have the 8800GTX with E6850 on XP, GTX USA, UTX USA, FEX, FSGenesis Mesh and Landclass and the '767'. After following several tweak guides I am locked at 22fps with no jaggies, blurring, full clouds, no shimmering. Runs super smooth as silk.I was going to wait for the FS9 version but there is no way on this earth I am going near FS9 nor buying any other addons for it. The MD11 is now being purchased for FSX and from looking at various posts regarding features etc it will certainly be the better version too!Just need REX to be released and FS will never have been better in my opinion.Graham

Guest darrenliewweiyao

Wow that looks nice! Sweet. I actually enjoy flying the old mechanical gauge aircraft. Prehaps PMDG might considering doing one for FS2004? Say the A300B4-200? B737-200, DC-8? I would guess that the B717 will be a little faster to develop as their flight instruments are quite similar to those on the MD-11 in which we are awaiting the imminent arrival of. Like quite a few on this forum I am waiting more for the FS9 version of the MD-11 as I am still a FS2004er! Just did the ITVV sector from London to San Francisco last friday night and "night stopped" in KSFO on saturday. Long flight on the PMDG B744 and returned from KSFO to London virtually last night!Thanks.Best regards,Darren

Hi,The A300B4-200 will not be released under the Nextlevel brandname, Nextlevel is doing the 3D stuff but they are part of larger team! We've been working on it for 12 months now and we are finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel...We'll try and get the website up and running in the coming weeks. The project is not finished yet so we wanted to keep it a bit quiet for now. It's no use shouting about a new project and then have people wait 4 years before it gets released... we all know how frustrating that is !Bj

simcheck_sig_banner_devteam.jpg

Bj