Sign in to follow this  
Guitarman

Matrox Triple Head 2 Go with TrackIR4

Hello all,Now that the MD-11 is near the release, I like to know if someone is using the Matrox TripleHead2Go with TrackIR4 on FSX. If yes, how is it running and isn't it too difficult to mouse-click on buttons and others in VC mode ? I always did my flights in 2D mode. All information is welcome.Many thanks,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Peter,flying the MD-11 using TH2Go and TrackIR in VC all the time here, a wonderful setup.You just need a mouse with thumb buttons so you can assign the movement freeze to one of those. Then freezing TrackIR, pressing buttons and de-freezing is done in a matter of seconds.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hello,It's too difficult to click the buttons in VC. Not pleasant...I solved that by adding more screens below the 3 screens of the matrox.These screens contain ND, PFD and a self-designes panel with MCP etc in.Have a look at:http://www.fslanparty.be/general/gallery.p...=39#spgmPicturehttp://www.fslanparty.be/general/gallery.p...=11#spgmPictureAt that time, I hadn't the IRTracker installed though.Best Regards,Bert Van Bulckalso Belgium :)

Markus,Thank you very much for your reply and information on my question. I'll see what I can do in the near future. By the way, can you also post a screenshot like Bert did ?On the weekend of October 25th, I'll go to the "FS Konferenz" in Germany on the Paderborn/Lippstadt airport. I hope that I can have a few words with Robert. Maybe you'll be there too ?Best regards and have a nice weekend,PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Hi Bert,Thanks for your reply and the link to the screenshots. I wasn't surprised you'd be answering on the message. I spoke to you on the lan-party. Maybe we'll see each other soon. Are you going to Paderborn and/or Lelystad ?Best regards,PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Peter- Here is a vote for 2D mode simply using triple monitors (NOT TH2Go). This gives me a triple wide- true Field of View in excess of 150

Hi Alex,Thank you so much for the picture and this running on an AMD1.8 ... :-cool.Can you PM me your e-mail address ? I like to ask you more information in detail.Many thanks in advance,PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Peter- look in your PM mailbox. Also happy to answer questions here in the forum.Alex Reid

>It's too difficult to click the buttons in VC. Not>pleasant...Bert,I can not agree with that statement. I can click buttons even without freezing TrackIR movement. To rotate switches and selectors using the mouse wheel I need the freezing though, but allocated to a thumb mouse button this is very intuitive to use...Markus

Markus Burkhard

>On the weekend of October 25th, I'll go to the "FS Konferenz">in Germany on the Paderborn/Lippstadt airport. I hope that I>can have a few words with Robert. Maybe you'll be there too?I'll be there and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding TH2Go, TrackIR and VC flying.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks for the reply, Markus, see you.I think to arrive around 9 AM.PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

>>It's too difficult to click the buttons in VC. Not>>pleasant...>>Bert,>>I can not agree with that statement. I can click buttons even>without freezing TrackIR movement. To rotate switches and>selectors using the mouse wheel I need the freezing though,>but allocated to a thumb mouse button this is very intuitive>to use...>>MarkusThanks for replying! I'll check out the freezing thing in the future. But without: it gives me a headache.Peter,Now I realise which Peter you are :)Best Regards,Bert.