Sign in to follow this  
Guest dean747

Which version of PMDG 747 for FSX?

Guest dean747

Hello,I have been flying MS Flight Simulator for years, ever since version 3. I have always updated to the latest version and now run FSX.I have never ventured into the world of payware addons but PMDG 747X looks great and I really want to buy it. I like to have a printed manual and its great to have a CD and box to keep.I am really confused about which versions is which. I see it is available on Amazon.co.uk as 'Queen of the Skies PMDG 747-400 & 400F Add-On for FS 2004/FSX (PC CD)'http://www.amazon.co.uk/Queen-Skies-PMDG-7...23655784&sr=8-1This says its for FS2004 and FSX. Does this mean it contains versions 1.2 for FS2004 and version 2.0 ie PMDG 747X for FSX.This product is no longer mentioned on Aerosofts website, which only mentions the PMDG 747-400 X (FSX only).What I'm really asking is that if I purchase the one from Amazon is this the latest FSX release or some older version? Is it version 2.0 that can be patched to version 2.10?Would be grateful of some assistance. Thanks

I'd advise you to be careful about that Amazon ad. There are 2 PMDG 744s, one for FS9 and one for FSX. You need to be sure you're getting the FSX one. Why not just buy directly from the PMDG website and then back-up you installer file on a CD? You'll be 100% sure then.Hope that was helpful.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

The one at Amazon.uk is the Aerosoft boxed version for FSX - this can be verified by clicking the box to enlarge the view.

Actually, Amazon are in contravention of advertising laws if they state both versions when only one is included. Read everything in the ad carefully.I'd also send them an e-mail and double-check.I agree with the above posters though - if you buy direct you know what you're getting. :)Best regards,Robin.