Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

11OCT PMDG MD-11 Update (short)

They better hurry before my debit card goes up in flames from anticipation. :-ukliam Probably should be off studying the manuals instead of watching the forum every few hours so that way I can actually fly the bird when I get her lol. Is nice to see though that after all the far and few between news over the last couple years we get regular updates throughout the beta process.

Some kind of update would be nice.Pdf manuals and tutorial still not released.Really would like to study prior to release of aircraft.Perry

Guest Jeffreymg

The wallpapers do look good but I am waiting for the manuals so I can have some good Saturday night reading maybe. Jeff

Guest FrancoisH

Hum, we already got daily update from now three day, what do you expect ? I think they spend all the time they have to prepare the release and they're just overbooked right now.I'm sure as soon as they'll be able to give us something, they'll do... Don't you understand now why they never give a release date ? Just because everyone await for things promized to be released exactly at the time set by developpers.With a very long experience of the gaming and simulation worlds, I just should say that PMDG is not different than the others... even the biggest studio, like Blizzard, made theyr fan wait 2 years or more for a game, promising a release for the nest quarter of the year... and the day of the release, postpone it for 2 or 3 days later.So PMDG is not different and in the matter of releasing products, they do all they can.Regards.

Hi,I'm guessing here, but I would have thought that the paper manuals would come from the same source files as the PDF version, so I'm surprised they haven't got those done already, TBH.It is midnight here in the UK, and so now I'll be waiting until tomorrow to get my hands on these manuals. :( Hopefully they'll be released overnight (along with the aircraft!! :D )!Given that Robert appears to be on the west coast, it could simply be a time-zone issue WRT when they are expecting to release the manuals. I'm working off the time of his post though.Best regards,Robin.

It's 10am in the morning here in Australia, so hopefully it'll be released some time in the next 12 hours or so while I am still awake. Until then, I am online as QFA14 flying TNCM-KMIA right now in my PMDG B747-400!

>Hi,>>I'm guessing here, but I would have thought that the paper>manuals would come from the same source files as the PDF>version, so I'm surprised they haven't got those done already,>TBH.When you're doing fairly long run printing, like these manuals, the PDFs that go to press are going to be a lot different than what you download. They'll look fairly similar, but require a substantial amount of work to make them ready for web distribution. -Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Guest FrancoisH

>They'll look fairly similar,>but require a substantial amount of work to make them ready>for web distribution. I know what you mean... I made some documents for printing and web releasing... you have two different format of PDF to define and many things to check, especially if there's illustration and you check the compression is going to be fine (or not)... you have as well if you want to make some dynamic links to make a lot of work inside the text itself before exporting as PDF...So it's not an easy way to release PDF from printing version to Web one. I'm sure they're actively working on it and will spend another night on this job...Regards.

Gents-I am working on a few technical issues to finalize the manuals release. Once I am done, it will be up....I thought I'd be done before noon today- but after almost 9hrs I'm still chipping away at little details.I'll send them up as soon as I'm done. (But not a moment sooner- that I can promise!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest FrancoisH

Even you gave us a release date/hour, I suggest you have some rest and sleep a bit. Working when being tired is really less efficient !We want you still alive, you're not all done, you still have the FS9 release to prepare and all the ongoing new planes you'll release after this one ! :(Take care of you ! ;)

Does this mean that the PDF materials will be different than the printed materials?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

DOWNLOADING! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------