Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

12OCT08 PMDG MD-11 (Manuals/Liveries) Schedule Update

Guest pilot-joey

I'm so glad you posted this, looking forward to tomorrow!!!Best regards, Joey

Matt,You have the ultimate fuel calculator specifically written for this aircraft : it is called "THE FMS". It will calculate everything using real world computation techniques (ADAPTED HOWEVER TO FS PHYSICS AND THIS SPECIFIC AIR FILE) including ETAs, fuel, distance, climb rates, descend rates, step climbs and pretty much everything else to an accuracy of less than 5lbs/hr and 5 ft/min vertical rates. You have the PROG page and in the MD11 an extremely detailed INIT page (pg 2 in fact) that will provide you with fuel analysis ad nauseum.Sorry but the practice of using *ANY* general purpose planner to calculate fuel is naive and error prone. The models used there are so simplistic that they only provide a good first guess. Use FSBuild (three cheers for Ernie he deserves it!) just to export your flight plan in PMDG format.For long range flights your question should be : do I have a reliable wind and temperature aloft software ?Best,Vangelis===================================== E M V Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

er....blimey....(scratches head in confusion) You werent kidding when you said this was a complicated aircraft!!I'm skimming through some of this, its very complicated, and will probably be alot easier to absorb once we're actually sitting in the cockpit, seeing and understanding what happens when you click something, etc.But this is fantastic, Grand Prix weekend, you guys releasing the MD-11, the sun is shining, it couldnt be better!! :)Well done!

Guest Bananenman13

>Hi Mr. Nameless ....>>No problem at all downloading the manual with Firefox, even>with Linux.>That's strange! Manual doesn't show using my Firefox, using my IE it does!Bananenman

Guest FrancoisH

@BananenmanI suggest you do a "Shift + Click" on the reload button.@PMDG StaffI did not saw any performance charts, is there any coming with the plane itself ? As well as the tutorial ?Regards.

Hi,I needed to refresh FF before I could see the download, despite telling it to not remember browsing history! GRR.Best regards,Robin.

Guest FrancoisH

Sorry to asking again but no clue about my question a bit upper in this page ?I saw "landing" performances in the QRH but not all the charts we generally get... I know that FMS will allow calculation of almost all parameters, but is there no Derate tables, General En-route fuel burn table or things that was coming with the 747 ?Regards.

Guest dpais

Download link to the MD-11 VARIG livery is not working.For the rest - outstanding jobThanksDiogo

Your assumption is correct. FS9 liveries will be a bit different.

Guest jveeningen

I only see a Martinair Cargo liverie.Will there be a Martinair PAX version as well?