Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

12OCT08 PMDG MD-11 (Manuals/Liveries) Schedule Update

You know when Robert says they aiming to release on Monday. You think he means Monday GMT, or more like Monday when he wakes up in the US? Or even Monday evening, which essentially would be Tuesday am GMT.Because you know right now, suddenly I'm not feeling well, infact I don't think I'm gonna make it to work tomorrow! :-lol Anyone else feeling ill?

>Sorry but the practice of using *ANY* general purpose planner>to calculate fuel is naive and error prone. The models used>there are so simplistic that they only provide a good first>guess. Use FSBuild (three cheers for Ernie he deserves it!)>just to export your flight plan in PMDG format.>>For long range flights your question should be : do I have a>reliable wind and temperature aloft software ?>>Best,>>VangelisVangelis,Will the performance data be released so that we can build a file for FSBuild? As I said earlier, the MD11 FMC makes fuel planning quite easy, but without wind data at the planning stage, it is useless. FSB will read the Activesky data to give HIGHLY accurate fuel data, which can be refined when you get into the plane.Is there any chance that:1. The FMC will eventually be able to read wind data from Activesky (preferred method)or2. A dedicated PMDG MD11 file will be released for FSB?Paul

Guest Cris B

>You know when Robert says they aiming to release on Monday.>You think he means Monday GMT, or more like Monday when he>wakes up in the US? Or even Monday evening, which essentially>would be Tuesday am GMT.>>Because you know right now, suddenly I'm not feeling well,>infact I don't think I'm gonna make it to work tomorrow! :-lol>>>Anyone else feeling ill?Cough

Sir. Robert and the PMDG team I have to once again appluase you guys and congrat you on a job well dont I have read to intro manual the APU section of the sys manual and am on page 37 of the FMS maual I will ofcourse being going threw themn again when I get th eplane to more in tune with the aircraft systems.I have one question in regard to APU, tank 2 and low power stat in the event of gen 1, 2 or 3 or all failure will it be possible assuming you get the APU on inflight to transfer fuel to the tank 2 during flight to the alternat aiport to keep the APU running and electrical to the plane, I assume that the electric pumps would work only if APU is running an dnot be operable in event of Gen failureThank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest FrancoisH

Except if I'm mistaken, the case you are talking about (Complete GEN failure) was treated into a message on this forum : http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=155141As long as I understand what you're speaking about, in case of a complete failure of the generators, it's more likely use the ADG in place of the APU, especially above certain flight level.As it was explained, starting APU will drain almost all your battery and you'll get in serious trouble to reach the closest airport, especially over sea...It's well explained and discussed into the post.Regards.

Guest FrancoisH

>Anyone else feeling ill?Probably as crazy as you're, I'm turning around this forum from now 3 days, awaiting some more news... downloaded as soon as I was able to the manuals...I'll be frenetically pressing F5 key on these forums tomorrow, be sure of that !Regards.

Guest tcable

Now if the FMS could read ASX weather (ACARS anyone?)that would be incredibly cool, and eliminate the needs for the fuel portion of Fsbuild.However routing is a different matter. Not every flight can be pulled from flightaware. Granted that's usually what I do, but there are trips that are not so real world :) That's why we call it simulation.We're not bidding a line and being told where and when and where to fly- well most of us anyhow.As we speak, I'm physically on the ground at KTAN, but in FS I arrived at KLGB last night to accept delivery of a new jet. Even tough the only live production at LGB is the C17, I'm still there :)Now what livery to pick? I smell a MCdd onne...COA was used to develop a lot of the aerodynamic updates (MCD leased a COA DC10 to do real world testing of the updates)It'll be GE. My father in law wrote the first generation of engine software for the CF6 and the EAD on 3 color CRT's- after working on the guidance system of the Trident missile (!!) Specifically, he specialized in the abnormal displays. Spent over a thousand hours in a DC10 sim at MCD back in the late 70's. Unfortunately my wife was 3 at the time.When I was a freshman at ERAU in 1990-91, I did get to see a shiny new Delta M11 at KDAB in pre service crew quals. That was cool. We typically saw DAL MD88's and DC9' back then (even saw dc9-10's at DAB then- 6am flight really shook the rafters)Tim

That is why I said Assuming you got APU on in the event it did I don't think it is very likely you would but I am just curious as to the ability to power the plane using the APu since tank 2 powers the APU I would think you would either plan to be just in case by adding fuel to the tank during fuel loading or be able to transfer fuel to the tank with what you had to keep it running.More then one scenerio Is possible I am sure, so I am assuming you could have an emergancy to where it would be used. Seems to me it is a possible yeah very unlikely. but I was trying to get me a fuel loading strategy and plane for each type of problem you could face either way fuel loading would have to be done in tank 2 since the APU runs off of it and preflight is done with it so even if you never used it mid flight being able to transfer fuel to the tak is all i am trying to find outThank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg