Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

So anything fun to do in Long Beach? LOL

So, I flew into Long Beach this morning. The company bought one way tickets on American Airlines fot myself and my first officer. It was a really nice flight. Those MD-80's, really are cool machines. (Flew the CoolSky Super 80 Pro, awesome simulation! :-kewl ) Anyhow, we are heading out to check into our hotel since we have the remainder of the day off. Our shiney new MD-11 won't be ready for delivery inspection until sometime tomorrow. Can't wait for that new airplane smell! Scheduled for a tuesday AM departure, after spending most of tomorrow with the manufactuer on the delivery inspection, and familiarization. So as you can imagine two pilots in a new town, we will be out ops checking the bars later. But, what is there to do around this place during the day?!? Any recomendations? We might go meet a friend of mine who has a Cirrus SR-22 here in the area and go for a spin. Any good $100 hamburger spots? Disneyland is always a backup.. :-lol Hopefully we'll get back to the hotel at a reasonable time, as we both need to study up on the procedures a bit more! ;-) Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :-beerchug:-lol :-xxrotflmao :-lol -Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest SkullxBones

The downtown marina has some good restaurants and other activities such as the Long Beach Aquarium, Queen Mary and a Russian? submarine you can board, Harbor boat rides, speed boats, boats to Catalina Island. You can walk up to Pine Street for other restaurants. Catalina Airport is good for the $100 burger, 25 miles from Long Beach.

>The downtown marina has some good restaurants and other>activities such as the Long Beach Aquarium, Queen Mary and a>Russian? submarine you can board, Harbor boat rides, speed>boats, boats to Catalina Island. You can walk up to Pine>Street for other restaurants. >>Catalina Airport is good for the $100 burger, 25 miles from>Long Beach.We ended up in my buddies Cirrus, and went off to Catalina for the Burger. Looks like we'll be bringing a Cheyenne back though, not sure why. I might head down to the docks after we get back for a quick look at that Ruskie sub... But after that I need to get back in the books at the hotel for sure! ;-)-Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>Which liveries will be delivered for you guys it's close ;-)>A brand new KLM here...>>http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpgAwwww I have to make a choice?!? LOL American for me. But I like the World Airways one also, having flown on them a bunch as a military member.-Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>Which liveries will be delivered for you guys it's close ;-)The Sabena will be mine.PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....