Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

Getting ready for the MD-11 .....but..

Guest sunbear

I currently have both on my computer and would like to uninstall FS9 and re-install it.Questions:1.Is the add/remove function in the control panel sufficient to get rid of all the necessary files & folders associated with it or do I have to go into program files & make a few more deletions. I have a lot of PMDG aircraft etc....2. If I reinstall the FS9, will this somehow inadvertently affect my FSX installation in some hidden manner like....you might lose the FSX.exe prompt etc...The reason that I am asking is that I somehow lost all my airports in my fmc for the PMDG products and want to start over from scratch since the airac's etc. is built into the PMDG install process.As the PMDG MD-11 is nearing completion, I don't want to screw anything up in FSX when I do the above process with FS9.Any ideas??jack

The MD11 navdata/sidstar files that come with the installer will probably be at least one cycle old, I think due to a licensing agreement with Navigraph.The uninstall from either the FS9 installer or control panel act the same. It will remove all program files and data but leave user data such as flight plans, logs and navdata.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest sunbear

I can't understand why it wouldn't remove ALL programs associated with FS9 period. Why is it so difficult to permanantly remove FS9.Do you need a registry cleaner after this event or what?? What else should I beware of since this seems to be more complex than simply clicking 'remove' FS9?Regards,jack

This is what you need to do to ensure that the registry and Windows Installer stuff doesn't get messed up:1. Uninstall all your FS9 addons that have entries in Add/Remove.2. Uninstall FS9 from Add/Remove.3. Manually delete the Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 folder.4. Manually delete the My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files folder5. Manually delete the Documents and Settings(Your user name)Application DataMicrosoftFS9 folder.That should make everything clean when you reinstall.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com